Had to go to the emergency vet today

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I am so glad Stig is OK, WOW 3 lbs. to be poisonous? That seems like an awful lot to do harm. I thought it was alot, not just a bite size but I had no idea THAT much! Hell I would stick a turkey baster full of peroxide down my own throat if I ate that much :lol:...I am sure he was hyper with the sugar and caffeine in the chocolate. I hope he calmed down and slept well for you.

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] - My cousin only mentioned that he ate a piece of the chocolate, not the toy, so I assumed it was only that.

[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] - lol. I thought I was the only one who uses 'bejeebus'! Are you sure you're at retirement age? I mean, you even use and promote the Ipad!

[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] - My gosh, when we came back from the pet show, my relatives were rambling about how Stig was so darn hyper. He ran around the house nonstop like a piggy, plus jumped on the couch where 2 of my uncles were sitting. And he stole everyone's slippers whenever he had the chance! I guess they know now how energetic bullies can be. I'm glad he didn't bark though, I know that would've scared them a little.

And for everyone, the effect of the chocolate is dependent on the weight of our bullies and the type of chocolate. For example, milk chocolate does less harm than the Baker's chocolate. And it would take less of it to harm a smaller bully or dog. I'll research more about it and will let you know later.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
My gosh how scary but at least you now know what is safe and what to do. 3 lbs is a lot but then you figure milk chocolate doesnt have nearly that much choc in it compared to dark choc. I wonder how much dark choc before you should worry?

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
That must've been scary!! So glad that he's okay.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.