Had to go to the emergency vet today

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
My fam was watching Stig for us while my sis, bf and I went to the annual 'All About Pets Show' this afternoon. When we got back, my aunt told us that Stig ate some chocolate. Apparently, the my younger cousins were enjoying some kinder surprises when they accidentally dropped some on the floor and Stig was fast enough to eat the pieces. :eek:

I instinctively thought of needing him to throw up so I cut up some lemons and squirted the juice in his mouth. He was able to throw up a little bit. My bf was still worried and wanted to go to the emerg. So we did. He said that Stig was acting different when he was walking him and was more hyper than ever.

To end the story, we didn't make it past the vet tech / receptionist. She said he had to eat 3 lbs of milk chocolate for it to be poisonous. Stig only ate a fingertip size. At least we know where the 24h emergency clinic is now! :crazy:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Sophie did this years ago. I thought the 2 lbs of chocolate truffles were safe wrapped up in a box and Christmas wrap. WRONG. We came home from a Christmas party to find all 2 lbs were eaten. My office manager at the time was the wife of a vet. So I called her asap. He told me to use a turkey baster and squirt hydrogen peroxide down her throat. I was very hesitant so I still called the ER vet and they confirmed that is what you do. So we did and she threw it up, tons of it. She didn't have any effects afterwards.

I know how it is scary to think of this. I am glad you didn't have to worry about the toy inside too. Don't Kinder's have little toys inside the egg?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm so glad Stiggy's okay. I know it must've been worrisome for you though. Our bullies are pretty fast when it comes to putting food in their mouths!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Wow! That is good to know [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION]. [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] did they say to mix the hydrogen peroxide with water or give it to them straight?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Awww Poor Stiggybaby...:( You probably scared the begeebus out or him. ;)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Very glad sweet stig is ok!Years ago our two dobies ate all the chocolate Santa put in our kids stockings..marshmallows and all! Also the feet of the stockings were chewed off as they hung by the fire with care..soooo very conveniently ALLthe candy..including aluminum wrapping fell right into their waiting mouths! The dogs were fine..our kids not so much!

Last edited:

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Im so glad he is ok. And its nice to know it takes alot of chocolate to hurt a bully.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Wow, I bet you were freaking out! I know I would be. Thank goodness he is ok. Whew...crisis averted.

Erika

Apr 6, 2011
Austin, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess, Boss Lady P, P Dawg
I'm so glad Stiggy is ok! I'm sure that was quite a scare...

Erika and Princess

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Glad Stig is okay, boy i just learned two new things!

L

Lucy-licious

I'm so glad to find Stig is OK my heart was in my mouth when I clicked the thread :phew:
:hug2: to you your bf and to Stig xx

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
:hug2: Awww how scary. Thank God Stiggy didn't eat enough. Great bully parents you two are!!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Wow! That is good to know [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION]. [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] did they say to mix the hydrogen peroxide with water or give it to them straight?

They said just Hydrogen Peroxide. That is why I called for a second opinion, it just seemed weird to me, but it did work.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.