Behaviour Problems

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=1874]DeeDee[/MENTION]..you certainly have your hands full. And you need to get busters under control before the baby (yay) comes..for sure. I don't have much more to offer than what has been offered already..but I would go back to when he was a baby and start over with training. Nobeds or nice comfy things in his crate..give him small doses of freedom at a time..and exercise as much as you can. My sister is a dog trainer..I will email her and see if she has any tips for you. Wish you luck..I think he is testing you! Has he always been like this or just since you are preggers? Thinking maybe he senses something big is coming his way!

OP
DeeDee

DeeDee

Feb 19, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Busters
Thanks cali~jenn --- sounds like your guy is a lot like mine --- a bull in a china shop does accurately describe Busters! He always has good intentions --- he's just not very graceful or gentle! It makes me feel better to know that they do get used to the kids! I think I would probably do what you said, and get a big playpen. I don't know that I trust him with a chair on the floor yet! We'll see how he does. I have a sixteen month old nephew and Busters likes to knock him down and lick his face! Not a good idea with a newborn!!! ha ha

OP
DeeDee

DeeDee

Feb 19, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Busters
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] thanks so much for offering to email your sister. That would be great -- any advice would be good! This has been going on since day 1. It hasn't gotten worse since I got preggo. He just chews absolutely everything! When he is asleep he chews his blanket/bed while snoring and sleeping. I don't know if it is a comfort thing or what. As for the chewing outside -- well that is just bad behaviour I think!!! But I don't know how to stop him because he has lots of toys, and he chews just everything! He isn't lacking for safe things to chew. He even chews the bark mulch in the garden. I am waiting for it to disintegrate and then I will never get it again, as he eats it. When he poos, there is almost always wood chips in his poo!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] thanks so much for offering to email your sister. That would be great -- any advice would be good! This has been going on since day 1. It hasn't gotten worse since I got preggo. He just chews absolutely everything! When he is asleep he chews his blanket/bed while snoring and sleeping. I don't know if it is a comfort thing or what. As for the chewing outside -- well that is just bad behaviour I think!!! But I don't know how to stop him because he has lots of toys, and he chews just everything! He isn't lacking for safe things to chew. He even chews the bark mulch in the garden. I am waiting for it to disintegrate and then I will never get it again, as he eats it. When he poos, there is almost always wood chips in his poo!

No problem[MENTION=1874]DeeDee[/MENTION]..I will email her tonite..usually I could just call..but she is at a training course..bummer..she has limited time to check emails so might be late tomorrow or Thursday. She is very good and I'm sure shel'll have some input. When I read about the bark eating I had to laugh..Jake loves bark too! He poops it out and has even barfed it up at 2 in the morning! He is like a Hoover vacuum outside..a few days ago he even hoovered up a bee and got stung on his lip! You might think that would discourage him..NO..he was right back at it the next day.eeeeek!! Some of your guys behavior is sad to say..normal. The chewing, to the extent he does it is not! Try not to stress out..I think more crate time might help too. I will pm you asap on what my sis says!

OP
DeeDee

DeeDee

Feb 19, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Busters
Thanks so much [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] ! I really appreciate it! It would be nice to get to the point where he doesn't have to be in his crate unless he wants to, or it's night time! And it would be nice to be able to trust him alone in the back yard. To be honest, I do leave him out there even though I know he's probably wrecking stuff! I know that's bad, but sometimes I just need to get stuff done without him in the house!

Members online

No members online now.