Sometimes it's good to be such bully hog....

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas has extra runny eyes today (our pollen count is HIGH) so I go to give him a Benadryl. I carefully wrap up the little pill in a piece of roast beef. As I tell him gentle and handed his loaded beef to him.... I dropped it, out rolls the pill.

Vegas not only hurried and scarfed up the roast beef, as I was reaching down to pick up the pill to re-wrap it, he inhaled the pill before I could even get it!!:ohmy: I really don't think I will have to do the "hide a pill" again since he just proved to me he is a pill-head as well as a hog!!

Last edited:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
HAHA!!! That is too funny! I stuffed Gator's antibiotic into a piece of cheese this morning. He inhaled it so fast, I don't think he even noticed there was a hard, nasty pill inside.

I bet the pill had roast beef juice all over it and was therefore quite delicious!

L

Lucy-licious

In true Bully fashion Vegas inhales anything that he thinks might be food :lol:
I think I'd still want to put the tablet in a treat just cos I hate taking them myself :)

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
You guys are so lucky. After pushing that pill as far down as I can (no easy feat since his tongue seems to fold and fight every inch of the way) I hold his head up and stroke his neck gently upward. I look him in the eye and say "What a good boy!" Convinced it's on it's way and down I walk back to the kitchen sink to wash all the bulldog slobber off my hands. What do I find behind the rocking chair not two minutes later? A bright pink capsule of his amoxicillin. Errrrrggg!!!
He is so good at holding the pill in the recesses of his mouth and waiting for me to leave. Well now I give him a fingerfull of cream cheese right after, which he loves. Now it's "down the hatch!"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Tubs is easy with the pill thing. He loves peanut butter, so all I have to do is cover his pill in peanut butter and he licks it off of my finger and GONE! :)

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
Imma have to try the peanut butter thing. Do I use plain? Bc I think all we have at home is crunchy... My bulldogs HATE pills.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
We wrap HRH's antibiotics and benadryl in sliced cheese. Like others have said I don't think she even tastes it.
She gets a cranberry pill with her breakfast now in the mornings and we put coconut oil and yogurt with her fromm kibble.
[MENTION=689]catorres8988[/MENTION]
I don't think it would matter if it was chunky PB.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
In true Bully fashion Vegas inhales anything that he thinks might be food :lol:
I think I'd still want to put the tablet in a treat just cos I hate taking them myself :)

[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION] I will continue to wrap his pills, this was just a weird experience, I really think he would eat a pill though without wrapping but I will give the pill a little help with some meat or cheese.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Haha, that's funny!

Sometimes I can get Delilah to take them in the food..other times she decides to be dumb and pick the pill out!! Depends on if she wants to be difficult, I guess!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.