Animals, do they have souls?

Terry

Jan 16, 2011
Central Valley, California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubbles
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Do Animals Have Souls?[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I was talking with a coworker the other day and he informed me that animals do not have emotions. This is just after he told me (the day that I put my dog of 17yrs down) that animals do not have souls and therefore will never enjoy the concept of heaven. Now, this coworker has the disadvantage of being, what I refer to, as a "bible-thumper." He is, in fact, a born-again Christian. Please bear in mind that I have nothing against Christians, nor do I have anything against religion in general. I do, however, have a problem with this coworker passing along faulty information.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Animals do have emotions and they also have souls, and I'll tell you how I know that. In over twenty years of working with animals, I have never seen a kitten duct-tape a live human baby to a freeway. I also have never seen a cat find enjoyment from setting a human on fire. I've never gone hiking in the desert to find a child that dogs have left tied to a stake, without food and water, subjecting it to a painful death in the desert heat. I have never seen a chicken force two unwilling humans to fight in a ring with razor blades attached to their feet while the chickens place bets on who will be the first to die. I haven't seen a puppy place eight children in a gunnysack and drown them in a river. Neither have I seen an eagle aim a shotgun at an unarmed human. I have yet to see a bear kill a human simply to place a head on the wall of their cave. And to this day, I have not seen a pigeon drive a car down the road and aim for humans who were walking around the park.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Let me tell you what I have seen. I have seen my own cats sleep next to me so they may keep me a little warmer while I was ill. I've seen my dogs play games with me just to force a smile to my face. I have seen a cat rush into a burning home not once, not twice, but six times to save her kittens, nearly losing her own life in the process. I have seen a ferret pull a frightened kitten out of a deep hole in the ground. I have seen a coyote fetch another dog so that it may get the proper medical care that it needs. I've seen a dog, who loves to jump on people, avoid jumping on me when I injured my back. I've seen elephants cry. I've seen monkeys scream in empathy when one of their own were injured. I've seen puppies whine all night long when they were separated from their mothers. I've seen a dog pull a child away from a fire.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]These are only a few of the things that I've seen. To list them all would take a lifetime, and I think you get my point. As for the soul thing? Well, it is my humble opinion that if you have emotions, any kind of emotions, then you have a soul. Ironically, the pope of the Roman Catholic Church recently stated that he feels the same way.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Now, I can't prove that animals have souls. But then, I can't prove that you or I have one either. And for all those people who firmly believe that animals don't have souls - well, I suppose if there really is a heaven, you'll probably have the job of cleaning out all the litter boxes...[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]THIS WAS JUST SO GOOD I HAD TO SHARE IT.
[/FONT]

Erika

Apr 6, 2011
Austin, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess, Boss Lady P, P Dawg
I sure hope they do! It would be nice to see our bulldogs in heaven one day. Too bad they don't live longer like other dogs do!

Erika and Princess :luv:

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=1722]Terry[/MENTION] do you know who the author is? I would like to promote this to the article section :up:

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I :luv: it and give it a :up:.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
I got into a heated argument over this very subject. I firmly believe that animals do have a soul. They love us , the want to make us happy, you can see sadnnes in their face when they are hurting and you can see happiness when you play with them. YES, they do have a soul:heart:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes my neighbor told me dogs don't have feelings. That everything they do that we interoperate as feelings is solely based on instinct. I was like YOU ARE kidding right? I highly disagree!!!

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Love the article!

Animals have souls. I'm Catholic..and if animals aren't going to be in heaven, then I'm not going.
"If there are no dogs in heaven, then there isn't a heaven."

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online