Bully sizes???

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
I think Bear is too small. I see other bullies on here and online and on tv and they just seem so big. I am feeding him enough so I don't know what I am doing wrong. I don't know his exact weight, he hasn't been to the vet recently. He is very muscular and compact.

I think he is the size of [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] O she looks smaller compared to Vegas. I know Bear isn't fully grown but he seems very healthy (Thank You Fromm) and very happy. Another reason they are probably related :p

When I look at [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] Stiggy He looks pretty big with the adults, Bear to me looks small. I don't know I need to take him to a meet up.

Here are some photos with my husband who is 6'4", does he look too small at 14 months?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My beagle he is laying with here is 40lbs and is a little taller, longer than Bear (Bear feels like he ways more than he looks)

Last edited:

RoxiBear

Jan 12, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxi Bear
My bully, Roxi, is long and lean/muscular ( as I like to say). :heart:
She is definitely not like the ones on tv! They are HUGE compared to Roxi! She is 37 lbs @ 10 months old.
Just as long as you can't see ribs or spine sticking out you are good! What the breeder
told me was that you should be able to see an indention between their rib cage and hips. Doesn't have to be a huge
indention- just enough to see their "curves".
I would prefer my bully to be on the smaller side because when they get too big it is really hard
on them. I want my Roxi around as long as possible!:luv:
I hope this helps!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
How much does he weigh? I think we have bullies on here that range from just under 40 lbs to over 70 lbs so they definitely all come in different sizes.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
He will definately have a growth spurt still. LariP made Vegas a hoodie at Christmas time he was about a year and a half, it fit him perfectly, about 6 weeks later NO WAY! His chest broadened seems like overnight. From what I have read they don't stop growing until they are two. Vegas most certainly hit his spurt a little over a year and a half, I think you will be amazed in the next couple months the changes you are going to see. And if not everyone is right bullys come in all shapes and sizes. I look at other pics and Vegas seems longer than most but he is height/weight proportionate.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
The come in a lot of different sizes! Doesn't the standard say that a male should be about 50lbs? I think he looks perfect!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
[MENTION=676]mammyglicks[/MENTION] - By looking at Bear's pics, I think he's perfect and healthy. Most likely he and Stig are two of the smaller males here. Stig's only 47lbs. Kinda giggled a little when you mentioned he looks big standing beside the adults. That's because my family's not at all tall. :D I'm only 5'2 and my bf's 5'7 I think. So we're definitely vertically challenged in comparison to a lot of people. There are a lot of advantages of having a small bully. One is that we can still carry them around. Imagine carrying 77lb Linus around!? (hehe, sorry [MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION], you know we're all gaga over him!)

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
There is a lot of Linus to love - that is for sure!

I wouldn't worry too much. Bulldogs really do take a full two years to get to adult size.

Truman is almost a year and weighs around 50 pounds or so but has a long way to go in filling out.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Awww:heart: he is perfect! They really all come in an array of sizes. Mocha is 47 pounds and I am trying to keep her around that weight. It is very hard on their joints if they are overweight. Its best to keep them in shape an at their ideal weight. :heart:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Get on a scale and weigh yourself....them again with Bear. Minus the difference.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
He will grow more, they aren't full grown until they are 2 years old. Like at 11 months Samson weighed 45 and at 2 yrs old he weighed 55 lbs, he never grew taller in that year, just wider.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
annie is 58.61bs shes 10 months old,the vet weighed her ,he says perfect weight as she is a longer bulldog,,karen

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
They seem to vary quite a bit!!

Delilah is on the small side. People are constantly saying she still looks like a puppy. She's not very long, and she's not broad either. She's short, compact, and muscular, haha. At almost two, she weighs about 43 lbs.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
We just went to the vet on Thursday. Orion weighs in at 36 pounds. She will be 2 in June. Vegas will be 4 in August and he is currently 55 pounds. He is taller and longer than the AKC standard. Bear looks fine to me. He looks alot like Vegas did at that age...just alot leaner. Get on the scale and weigh yourself. Then pick him up and weigh the both of you. Figure out the difference and it will give you an idea. He looks to me..to be around 45 pounds.

Let us know. I'm very curious now. [MENTION=676]mammyglicks[/MENTION]

OP
mammyglicks

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] Bear seems to be about 42lbs. I was dreading getting on the scale myself which caused my delay, its broke because it resets at 20lbs with no weight on it so at least I can deduct instead of having to add (its not digital). But despite my current condition I lost like 10lbs. :up: Trust me its OK because I am on the fat side of the spectrum.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.