wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
So it's not really traumatic, but to my fiance it was. I was cutting Guinness nails and he was all squirmin around and next thing I know I hear the whimper and blood all over my carpet. Course no flour in the house so my fiance goes to the neighbors (mind you at 10pm at night) and starts asking for flour :lol: no one has any flour in my surrounding neighborhood so off to the store she goes crying all the way. I'm at home with Guinness applying pressure on the nail and trying to hold him down and he is trying to get away and he is now aggitated and whimpering and growling. Anyways most expensive bag of flour ever arrives and he is fine, fiance on the other hand, not soo much. This is why she is not a first responder :lol::lol::lol:

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Awww poor thing. I would have cried too. You mean all that stuff you have for Guinness and you didn't have flour? LOL. It is scary though. I use that stupid pedicure thing that files and it takes forever, some use a dremel tool which I am about to switch to. I would absolutely cut too much if I used regular clipper. :hug2: to your fiance.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I didn't know about using flour... DUH!
Poor baby Guiness.....Speaking of whom.. I haven't seen any pix lately of that cutie patootie... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
When we got mandy her nails were so long that when we trimmed off just a little we cut the quick and she bled everywhere. I was thinking to myself can she really bleed this much!??

This was when we got the dremmel. It allowed me to trim as much as possible without hitting the quick. Hers were so back when she would run and play they would actually start bleeding, after a year we have trained them back to good looking bully nails :up:

Also you can use bar soap if you dont have flour :)

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I would agree with JAKEISGREAT. We have one for Tubs, but he is too hard to cut now, so we take him to the vet to have him cut now. He had his nails trimmed on Monday when we took him for his eye problem and I think they did them again yesterday when he was out for his surgery. Both my daughter and I thought they looked shorter when he got home yesterday. They charged me $10 the first time I took him, about a month ago, but they haven't charged me since. However, that pen works wonders!

L

Lucy-licious

I was reading this shouting SOAP, SOAP thanx [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] you mentioned it and I stopped shouting :lol:
Poor Guinness :hug2: and poor GF :hug2: oh and I second [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION]'s request for Guinness pics :D

Last edited:

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
AWW! Poor Guinness and your GF! We got a clipper at petco that has the stypic powder in the handle and also a file on the other side. It's called bamboo nail clipper. We have a dremel also, but she hates that more than the clipper.

Rosiesmom

Apr 3, 2011
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie aka Rosebud, Rosie Posie
LOL, your poor fiance'!! Funny thing about this story is that my husband IS a first responder and you should have seen him panic the first time Rosie got knicked! Hilarious now looking back on it!!

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Aww poor Guinness! I can see how it'd be traumatic for your fiance.

I have my own little at home "grooming business"..I groom dogs for really cheap for some extra money, haha. I can't tell you the amount of times I've had to purposely make the bleed and cut the quick just so I can get their nails to a decent length!! Some people just let them go WAY too long. I dealt with a dog that's nails literally curled underneath his paws. And the owners told me he had "arthritis and couldn't walk well." Guess what, he worked fine after I got those big honkin' nails off!!! I had to use my dad's power cutter tool because his nails were too long and thick to get with regular equipment.

I use a dremel tool and will highly, highly recommend it! They are just so much easier to use then clippers, and so much less of a chance for an accident. I've not once cut Delilah's quick..and she doesn't really like clippers but will sit still for the dremel!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.