Am I the only one with a super hyper bulldog?

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
Looked at their site and it sounds like an amazing place. Too bad it's too far from me, especially on weeknights. I live in the durham area unfortunately. Are there any other bullies there? I've only seen two in my area so far. I don't know if they're just not popular or everyone's hiding them and keeping them home. =)
yes there are, we went last night and gregorys buddy beefcake was there. A new girl bully came who was 3 named hula. There are at least 2 others that i know come as well, gretzkey and chance.

Daphne

Dec 31, 2010
daphne 556.jpgDaphne is SUPER hyper at 8 months old, I try to take her to the dog park everyday for an hour sometime 1 hr and 45 minutes if its not hot outside. The laser light is great idea!! she likes to play fetch too

Shadjuice

Oct 6, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
HI! We too have one VERY HYPER bully baby. She is 4 years old, and has just begun to slow down (just a little). We found that the best way to wear her out is to play with a laser light ... We run the laser light on the floor - in the yard, up the stairs, down the stairs around the furniture....and she just chases it and chases it until she gets tired.. and then sleeps for hours.... it's great exercise for her too! Our other two like the laser light, but they are a little lazy and give up after a couple of laps....
:heart:

This is the best thing we have found too. Luna is really active when we are both home, but if its just me she just lays around all night, it's weird. That laser light works like a charm. A few laps in the house and the running turns into trotting then into a hard panting then sleep lol.

Suzy2

Apr 24, 2011
Accrington Northern England
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter & Winston
Hi and Welcome,:)
Sounds like you have an adolescent teenager there. I believe the majority of them go through this stage (my dogs also 9 month) but eventually slow down with age, although some to take longer than others:ohmy: What I call the Lager Lout Stage:D

Sometimes, the diet can have a lot of influence on them being hyper, just like our skin kids. Some foods have a lot of grain content and artifical perservatives, might be worthwhile looking into this. I did and changed his food with very favourable results in all aspects.

Tuesday123

Jul 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Ralph
Little Ralphie has become a rather hyperactive little pup recently. I was wondering whether it could be his food? Not really sure whether food makes a difference but after a recent discussion on here we changed his food and since then he has gone wild. I walk him for 30 minutes on a morning and at least an hour on a night, and after his walk he still insists on jumping around the place. Like Styggi he has also learnt to jump on beds and now the sofa. I wish something would calm him down!! Is it true that neutering can calm down a dog?

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
No Emmitt is ALWAYS hyper!! He can never sit still or lay down always on the go! Gets kinda annoying but then he is still a puppy

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
Wow! zoey will go like a maniac but only for about 20 minutes at a time a few times a day. She snoozes the rest of the time. I got such a kick out of that show on Animal Planet called Bad Dog when the bulldog would sleep anywhere and all the time. They call that BAD? :rofl:

SUMOPUP

Jul 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sumo
SUmo is nut case like your pup too! she is crazy! at the park she will run until she can't run anymore. wont even stop for water because she just loves to run so much!!! She does get sleepy after a long walk, or playing, but she is crazy! shes about a year and a half.

everyone is always so shocked by how much she can run and how much energy she always has.

in a different post i was saying how she can never settle down when i'm out of the house. she craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Welcome, very handsome pup you have there. Bacon gets bursts of energy but they are mostly short lived. I have started playing chase the laser pointer with him at night lately since it has been cooler outside and he totally loves it. Problem is now if I take him out when its dark out he just sits in front of me and stares at my pocket, like "Let's go Dad I want to play" instead of doing his business.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Wow! zoey will go like a maniac but only for about 20 minutes at a time a few times a day. She snoozes the rest of the time. I got such a kick out of that show on Animal Planet called Bad Dog when the bulldog would sleep anywhere and all the time. They call that BAD? :rofl:
haha we watched that last night it's in the free on demand for cablevision, too funny

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.