Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one with a super hyper bulldog?

Doggie Boutique Owner Angelgirl's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Am I the only one with a super hyper bulldog?

Welcome! Your little Styggi is adorable!! I think it's just luck (or unluck) of the draw... Our first bully Cass was very low energy.. she got a few bursts of energy playing, then that was it. She slept or lounged out in the sun. Our new baby Belly we say could be the next agility champion...piggy runs through the house...bouncing off the walls and bed,tearing through the yard.. She's only 5 months old and not yet spayed...hoping she'll settle down atleast by a year old *sigh*

Another Top Gear fan here
    "A bulldog is like a potato chip, you can never have just one"

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Welcome! Styggi is adorable! Hope to see lots more pics and stories about him.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bailey, Otis and Diesel
    Likes (Received)

HI! We too have one VERY HYPER bully baby. She is 4 years old, and has just begun to slow down (just a little). We found that the best way to wear her out is to play with a laser light ... We run the laser light on the floor - in the yard, up the stairs, down the stairs around the furniture....and she just chases it and chases it until she gets tired.. and then sleeps for hours.... it's great exercise for her too! Our other two like the laser light, but they are a little lazy and give up after a couple of laps....

Potty Trainer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kairos
    Likes (Received)

the pics -he is a stud!!!! Mine is neutered... maybe that makes a difference. Someone mentioned doggie daycare and that is a good idea...maybe hell come home tired after doggie daycare over here Pet Smart offers good deals!

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

hi @minjaelim and welcome to the site!

and I thought my 3month old bully was a wild one! Your Styggi sounds like a ball of energy. I find that my puppy gets these bursts of energy, runs around chasing his toys for about 30minutes at a time, and then poops out. The thing with Tate is, he fights sleeping; i can see him fighting off his closing eyelids b/c he just doesn't want to fall asleep. Maybe it's 'cuz he's still young and likes to play a lot still...i don't know. He also seems to get his 2nd wind at around 9 or 10pm (when I'm ready to sleep)! and crazily runs around my bed til he tires himself out and then finally, falls asleep.

Sorry i'm not much help to you but you started a great topic. I'm glad i'm not alone w/the energetic bullys!

Thanks for all the great tips everyone.

I play fetch with styggi while laying on my bed. He'll grab his toy and jump up on the bed and then play tug o war for a bit. Once I get a hold of his toy; I throw it back, and he jumps off the bed chasing it. Rinse and repeat.

He'll do this for a good hour until he loses interest.

Doggy daycare sounds like a great idea! I will definitely look into those.

Thanks everyone!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Roxi Bear
    Likes (Received)

Wow! I'm glad my bully isn't the only HYPER one!!! She will go non-stop and I too have to hold her sometimes to get her to slow down. We go on play dates about once a week and the other bully is a total opposite of Roxi! Roxi runs circles around her! @Min Jae Lim your Styggi is built a lot like my Roxi. She loves jumping too- which isn't always a good thing ( gotta watch for stress fractures and joint problems). I don't know if any other way to calm them down except play, play, play!!!

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

He's so cute!

And Delilah can be very hyper as well. She's starting to calm down a little. But she just loves to run and run and run...so, we go to the dog park often. She's in awesome shape and loves to run and jump. She can jump almost five feet!! She's a freak bulldog. She's going to be starting agility next week

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mocha Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

Welcome! Loveeee the pictures Our Mocha has energy , but it comes in spurs. During that time she is bounces of the wallsI wonder if getting him neuter would calm him a little??
    LisaMarie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gregory
    Likes (Received)

i thought i was the only one with a hyper bulldog! glad to know this isnt the case. i take gregory to an indoor dog park that has playgroups at least once a week to drain the energy, and i walk him anywhere from 2 to 4 times a day. even a few short walks a day will help so much. if you get him to run he will burn the energy much faster then walking. We waiting til he was 14mths to have him fixed as per our vets recomendation ( he had to have soft palate surgery as well, so he wanted to do it all at once) i thought for sure he would slow down a little, so not the case. Good luck!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by buffalobabie View Post
    i thought i was the only one with a hyper bulldog! glad to know this isnt the case. i take gregory to an indoor dog park that has playgroups at least once a week to drain the energy, and i walk him anywhere from 2 to 4 times a day. even a few short walks a day will help so much. if you get him to run he will burn the energy much faster then walking. We waiting til he was 14mths to have him fixed as per our vets recomendation ( he had to have soft palate surgery as well, so he wanted to do it all at once) i thought for sure he would slow down a little, so not the case. Good luck!
    May i ask where the indoor dog park is? We're reluctant to take Stig to a dog park but an indoor one sounds interesting.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gregory
    Likes (Received)

its called doggy central its on the border of etobicoke and mississauga. its so great, they have open play (which is any sized dog) sunday, tuesday, thursday and saturday. They also have daycare gregory just started going once a week. But yes its wonderful it costs 10$ to get in but you have to show proof of vaccination/ heartworm flee prevention to be able to get in. As well is there is a attendant there to make sure everyone is behaving well and she plays with them and gives tips on socializing. We should be there this tuesday, if you happen to stop by.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads