Mini or not mini

MotherOfBullies

Apr 15, 2021
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki and Attila
Hey guys, I know this is a recurring topic. But Loki got a new brother a month ago. Loki was supposed to be a regular old Bully and ended up on the small size. His baby bro, is even smaller than he was at this age, and he isnā€™t a mini either. Heā€™s 17 1/2 weeks old,but only weighs 18 lbs.
this is super tiny, right?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hey guys, I know this is a recurring topic. But Loki got a new brother a month ago. Loki was supposed to be a regular old Bully and ended up on the small size. His baby bro, is even smaller than he was at this age, and he isnā€™t a mini either. Heā€™s 17 1/2 weeks old,but only weighs 18 lbs.
this is super tiny, right?

Hi n WELCOME!!!

Heā€™s only 4months old n 18lbs is good. You donā€™t want an EB fat. You have different sizes of EB n we sure see n seen a lot of pups in here n their owners thinking theyā€™re too thin. I personally find no issue with the age n weight. Can you post photos n take a picture from the top se we can see his back. Btw, what do you feed him n how much per day?

My white face Jake 4yrs old whom wasnā€™t overweight at all but his breathing was a bit heavy when he played, walked n had other dogs over. I decided to cut his food, he lost 10lbs. I swear his breathing is like day n night. What a huge difference. He was 66lbs. Why EB is very important to keep them on the thinner side. Itā€™s simply a breed you canā€™t have overweight. But yours is still a pup, size n looks will all change.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
In case anyone is wondering, there's no such thing as a pure bred Mini Bulldog. There are small, medium and large Bulldogs and occasionally, very small and very large. Some breeders will breed for small size and call them Mini Bulldogs...with nothing in mind but more $$$.

We have 3 small female bulldogs, 38#, 39#, and 41#. We've seen them as small as 35# and as big as 90#(although we got 20# off of him before he was placed).

Your dogs may end up being small or very small. It's really too early to tell. Give them good food, exercise, and keep up their health and in about 9-12 months you'll have a better idea of the sizing. Have fun watching them grow!

Members online

No members online now.