Not all bulldogs can swim

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Wife and I went out for a few drinks, came home to sit by the pool. Pebbles wanted in the baby gate so since we were there I let her in.

She got spooked by a pool net and backed into the pool. I immediately jumped in and grabbed her.

Didnā€™t think of the car key FOB in my pocket. Still seeing if I can get it to work after being blow out and sitting in rice overnight without the battery.

She sank like a rock, came up once and went down.

Never moved so fast In my life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Wife and I went out for a few drinks, came home to sit by the pool. Pebbles wanted in the baby gate so since we were there I let her in.

She got spooked by a pool net and backed into the pool. I immediately jumped in and grabbed her.

Didnā€™t think of the car key FOB in my pocket. Still seeing if I can get it to work after being blow out and sitting in rice overnight without the battery.

BRAVO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG that is so scary !!!!!! Thank God Pebbles (and human) are OK. Sorry about the FOB, looking forward to hearing if the rice trick works.

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Hope so. This remote /key is probably 1k

Wife is wanting to take the fence down when my other blind dog passes. Hope this made her think twice.

edbc7e94328077440660d7739e7ceb8c.jpg

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=16778]Andy T[/MENTION]

Nice setup!! I am confident that recent events will change her mind. OMG I know how expensive the FOBs are, ridiculous !!!!! Fingers crossed for you!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Oh dear - great that you got her out so quickly. Yes, even a small pebble will sink.

Nice to see her drying in the sun. And what a lovely weather you have... here it is just above freezing point :-)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Terrifying! Thank goodness you were able to most that fast. Hoping the FOB doesnā€™t need to be replaced.

hugs to you all

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
OMG!! My heart is RACING, reading this. We are so happy Pebbles is ok[emoji178][emoji178][emoji178]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Very scary moment for sure. Glad your all safe.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so glad this ended well...
The same think happened to my sister-in-law, their older Frenchie was losing his sight and walked right into a neighbors pool. She jumped in clothes and all to save him... scary!!!

ChelseaM

Jul 9, 2020
CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Snickers
They sink so fast! The first time bringing our Bully over to my parents house (who have a pool) she literally ran straight into the pool. I panicked and jumped in with all of my clothes on, even gave a "My baby!" shout on the way in. I think she thought it was solid ground or something and has never done it again (although I watch her like a hawk anytime she's in their backyard now just in case).

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
So glad you were there to save her! That sounds so scary :w00t:

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Thank God you were there for her. We have a friend in Oak Island that has a pool. Whenever the dogs go out to the pool area the first thing we do is put on their Float Coats. Not taking ANY chances...even though Lala could probably swim.

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Thanks everyone. Hopefully this has prodded my wife into not wanting the Baby fence taken down. It does make Our back yard look terrible but it serves itā€™s purpose

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Members online

No members online now.