I've had enough

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Aha, I see! Thanks for explaining. Well, that would be a way of identifying the culprit, but probably not doable here (I think I need permission to record) and we live in a very busy street with someone passing the house every two minutes so would be recording constantly!

You actually can enter where you want it to start recording. I didn’t know you needed permission. Interesting. Once in a while I hear the ring in the middle of the night cause deers are crossing the lawn but won’t ring for the hares. Hares love the new growth of spring flowers. I too put cayenne pepper. It stopped.

OP
cefe13

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
You actually can enter where you want it to start recording. I didn’t know you needed permission. Interesting. Once in a while I hear the ring in the middle of the night cause deers are crossing the lawn but won’t ring for the hares. Hares love the new growth of spring flowers. I too put cayenne pepper. It stopped.

Re filming, I believe the rules in Sweden say that it's ok to film inside your own house and in your own garden but not to set up a camera that records people outside of your property. The area where the culprit poops is not on my property but on the pavement (so the flowers are not strictly speaking on my property but it's common here to have flowers outside houses like that and ok as they are cared for). It's tricky legally so I think I'll go for vinegar and cayenne pepper!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Leave a few small chunks of lard in the area of the pooping...doggie will love it! Nitwit owner will have fun cleaning up the mudslide.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Leave a few small chunks of lard in the area of the pooping...doggie will love it! Nitwit owner will have fun cleaning up the mudslide.

[emoji23][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
cefe13

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)

Well, that would be one way of dealing with the issue, I guess! If the vinegar ands cayenne papper won't do the trick, I will remember this!

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Home Depot sells a powder, I don't remember the brand, that is a mixture of blood and cayenne to deter dogs from pottying where they are not supposed to. They don't like the smell and it will make them sneeze. The Ring, or similar, Camera might be your best bet.

cliffjackie369

Mar 19, 2021
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Fiona
OMG that is more than annoying and disrespectful to say the least! RUDE!!! You could temporarily place a yard sign with poop bags, directly where you are seeing the poop piles that says DOG POOP BAGS.....PLEASE TAKE ONE

I had this issue where I used to live, a small development where people from OUTSIDE the little neighborhood would come and walk their dogs and I actually witnessed someone doing it in our common area and I came out of my house and asked if they wanted a poop bag!! The issue on my lawn led me to this recipe: mix 1 cup of white vinegar with 2 cups of apple cider vinegar, and then mist your lawn with it. Another option is to mix white vinegar with lime juice, soak cotton balls in this mix, and place them around the areas where you don't want dogs to poop. Just make sure you avoid spraying your plants with vinegar. I copied this right from the website where I got it, the cotton balls soaked in mixture was best around plants.

Maybe a motion detection ultrasonic repeller https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RZRYXM...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU= employee monitoring software

Hope this helps.

is this thing completely safe? especially to my dog? after all, in theory, she will also hear these sounds, I would not want to scare her ...

maybe vinegar with lemon juice, but be careful!

OP
cefe13

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
is this thing completely safe? especially to my dog? after all, in theory, she will also hear these sounds, I would not want to scare her ...

maybe vinegar with lemon juice, but be careful!

I will double-check that vingar is ok both for plants and dogs! You are right that using these things might be as offputting to our own dogs as for the culprits, but I think cool Castor will be ok. I won't use an ultrasonic thing, though.

OP
cefe13

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Update: Over the weekend, we prepared for our counter attack on the dog using our door step as his toilet. Very much a home-made solution as we had no cotton balls for the vinegar: I cut last years' hollyhock flower stems in pieces (being totally dry they were hopefully good at soaking up the vinegar!) and then we stuck them into the ground, vinegar-soaked side up, around the flowers.

So far, so good. Let's see how long this lasts! Thanks again for all suggestions!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Update: Over the weekend, we prepared for our counter attack on the dog using our door step as his toilet. Very much a home-made solution as we had no cotton balls for the vinegar: I cut last years' hollyhock flower stems in pieces (being totally dry they were hopefully good at soaking up the vinegar!) and then we stuck them into the ground, vinegar-soaked side up, around the flowers.

So far, so good. Let's see how long this lasts! Thanks again for all suggestions!

Paws are crossed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.