Daddy is a problem child .....!!!!!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Well Samson is a jumper and I have never had much luck at curbing it. I can get him to stop by raising my knee and telling him to stay down but when guests come he is a WILD man! So not much advise on that. As for eating poop, adding pineapple to there food is another way to make the poo taste bad. My neighbor did the pineapple with her dog and it worked. Of course you would have to give the pineapple or meat tenderizer to all the dogs so he wouldn't eat any of their poo. As for the cat poo, I have never met a dog that didn't like to eat cat poo so I don't have any answer for that!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
We call cat poo "kitty crunchies" around here. lol. We don't have any cats now but when Lucy was small we had three. She actually grew out of the poop eating. BUT I have also heard meat tenderizer AND I have heard garlic (which has added benefits of being a natural flea control).

As far as eating the other animals' food, we had this issue as well. I just stood by the dog that was still eating and every time Gator would try to get in on the action, I would make the most godawful sound (my husband hates it! lol) and he would go away. That is how I stop him from doing things....I make a nasty noise. lol. It works! Anyway, he doesn't even try now so I can let them feed without supervision. I also feed Lucy in a different room.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Ughh, I just lost everything I typed since it made me relog in. Let me try this again.

Wilson has taken a liking to tasty backyard snacks. I just got him a prescription of "Forbid" from the vet yesterday and hopefully that will work. I also bought a bottle of Coprophagia tablets from Petco yesterday too. I'm not sure how long the Forbid takes to work as it's only been 24 hours now. All three of my dogs have to take it since Wilson has even ate his own poop when he had a mishap in his xpen the other day. Wilson managed to find a nugget tonight after I cleaned all poop up and yep, I had to clean his mouth out. :bang:That crap (pun intended) gets into the crevices of their fang teeth, nasty it is.

Best of luck to you on your issues with Daddy.

Just say No to :poo: snacks. :)

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
My vet says cat poop is like a delicasy for dogs!! And we ALL know how delicate these bullies are!! lol..guess its all protein...hmmm..maybe a NEW protein source.

Well he can find himself a new protein source pronto ... especially when he vomits this green slimey crap with huge piles of undigested cat poop in it. All over the bedroom carpet in the house I've just put on the market to sell ..... :eek:

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Awww Daddy sounds like Bear.

#1 Jumper
Bear is an extreme jumper to say the least. We have to shun him to get him to stop and UGH his nails, my legs are all scratched up. My husband likes to throw his clothes at me when he takes them off, well that gets Bear going, he thinks we are playing with him and he tries to jump up and get them, needless to say there are many tshirts and a pair of dress pants I had to throw out so far. I swat his behind and shun him. I am not sure what else to do.

#2 PIG
I have another dog that will be 14 in September. I have to put him in another room and shut the door to give him his food. There is no other way for me to prevent Bear from getting at the food otherwise.

#3 Crap
I keep a constant eye on him and if he even tries to sniff it, I yank his leash. I've never seen him eat it with my own eyes so who knows. Not sure on this one.

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Lucy thinks the cat litter tray is her own personal "pick and mix" shop :eek: So I'm gonna give it a whirl, I bought some tonight and will sprinkle some on the cat food in the morning I'll let you know if they eat it x

[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION] Did you get the cat to teat meat-tenderizer... and did it work???

Daddy wouldn't come in this morning and I was trying to go to work ... he had found a paticulary nice big pile of cat poop that had gone all slushy in the rain and so he was slurping it up. It was all over his chin and face ........... :eek: I dragged his nasty butt back into the house and then had to baby wipe cat :poo: off his face ...... :barf::ewww::ewww::ewww::ewww::ewww:

L

Lucy-licious

Eeew [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] :hug2: I did try the meat tenderiser but the cats sniffed it licked it ate a few morsels then turned their back on it. I got the cold shoulder treatment all night :LMAO:
Lucy is still eating cat poop but I have discovered she hates doggy toothpaste :lol: so I clean her teeth and Tongue after she's been tray surfin and this is acting as a deterrent so far. 3 teeth cleanies in 2 days and she's not been in for 3 days even with fresh poops available :lol:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
As much as it pains me to say this, I'm so glad I'm not the only bully owner who's bully loves the tasty little backyard snacks. Meat tenderizer didn't work, Forbid a prescription didn't work, the pills that you can by at the pet store haven't worked so we're trying pumpkin now. I have two other dogs, one a puppy too, that I have to give the pumpkin too.

Ahhh but I :heart: them all, even Mr. Poopie Mouth. :luv:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I haven't had problems with :poo: eating, although Bella's disease it is common, I am so happy she never did it. (or should I say lucky)

Jumping, I too did the knew thing, that is what we were taught as kids with our bully and it has worked. Just a gentle knee to the chest and a firm "down".

Eating others food. Bella is always starving so they have to eat at the same time and no morsels left over, Bella's food has to be proportional to her enzymes. So since she wolfs down her food, she has to sit before the bowl goes down and stay until I say okay and last but not least, she has a slow feed bowl. This combination allows her to calm down and eat slower. The other bowls are actually put down first, so Bella is the last to start eating. She used to push the others away (when very little) but now she doesn't.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.