Smelly ear

Epc2188

Jun 27, 2020
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Hey my guys been itching a bit..i smelt his ear and it stinks..other one is fine...i used a rinse and then i put mometamax in...any other ideas?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey my guys been itching a bit..i smelt his ear and it stinks..other one is fine...i used a rinse and then i put mometamax in...any other ideas?

it is probably yeast infection.... momotamax will help, but check the food make sure no white potatoes as that add to yeast issue.

OP
E

Epc2188

Jun 27, 2020
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Just switched him to purina pro plan ha due to him being allergic to everything

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just switched him to purina pro plan ha due to him being allergic to everything

Yes, anything Purina is crap. What are you feeding now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I think they said switched him TO Purina...which IS sorry food. Wheat Corn and Soy should always be avoided. Chicken can also be problematic.
Try a grain free diet with a single protein. Duck formulas have never let us down.
For a yeasty ear try flooding every other day with 2-3 parts water to 1 part Apple Cider Vinegar. Flood the ear canal and massage it in. Then wipe up excess with paper towels and cotton balls.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Like Chip said, Purina is not good for dog but great for cows. Since there’s allergies, get single protein bags and rotate after each bag to find out what he can’t have. Stick to Acana, Zignature, Fromm.....For the ears Chip gave you a good recipe. Or.... I use Lavender Essential Oil. Couple drops ABOVE the ear canal as oil seeps on its own into the ear. The brown guk will disappear within a couple days n I use it as maintenance. Every other day. Use a quality oil like DoTerra, Young Living, Woolzie...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.