vkaydocter

Feb 20, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy Louise
Hello my girl had surgery last week on tail and spay. I have noticed that after that her eyes had teared alot and now she has an irriation right below her eyes (mostly left one) and it's red and irrtated. What do you all use for irritation. Nervous to use anything near her eye.

Shirley Wigglebutt

Jan 16, 2021
Country
N/A
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
I have not encountered this, I keep Shirley Wigglebutt's face and wrinkles clean and dry. She gets a ton of eye boogies! I do not know how to tag others that are extremely knowledgeable and have helped me big time with my new journey as an EBD mom. The foster mom at the rescue mentioned using aquafor on facial booboos but I'm not sure about the eye area, I'd also be concerned what to use that close to the eye. I'll be learning from answers you receive as well.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello my girl had surgery last week on tail and spay. I have noticed that after that her eyes had teared alot and now she has an irriation right below her eyes (mostly left one) and it's red and irrtated. What do you all use for irritation. Nervous to use anything near her eye.

Did you ask why to the vet? Did something happened while she got spayed? Give them a call. Ask questions.

OP
V

vkaydocter

Feb 20, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy Louise
Oh I don't think it's anything to do with the surgery; I think it's allergies. I do know she slept for 2 days off and on

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh I don't think it's anything to do with the surgery; I think it's allergies. I do know she slept for 2 days off and on

You can use human eye drops but I give Lambeau a Zyrtec each morning to help lessen his allergy eyes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggles

Feb 28, 2021
New york
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggles and Baby
What kind of tail surgery? Or did I misunderstand and it was just a spaying? We normally use a&d for our pups tear stains we wipe with a warm wet paper towel then apply the cream. My biggles just had a tail amputation so I just joined for some support

Shirley Wigglebutt

Jan 16, 2021
Country
N/A
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
What kind of tail surgery? Or did I misunderstand and it was just a spaying? We normally use a&d for our pups tear stains we wipe with a warm wet paper towel then apply the cream. My biggles just had a tail amputation so I just joined for some support

Welcome to the forum! I'm a first time EBD mama since January (adopted a 6 almost 7 year old breeder surrender rescue) and I've learned so much here from very knowledgeable and experienced bully parents. Seems tail amputation and surgeries are very common with the breed. I see where deep tail pockets cause infections as cause for surgery, I'm curious what else would cause a tail amputation to be necessary?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

What I meant is like you stated “right after surgery” vets do lift the lid of the eye to check the pupils while the animal is sleeping. Just like surgeons do to human surgery.

How is it going, any better?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.