Are there other bully's that are snowmunchers?

Shirley Wigglebutt

Jan 16, 2021
Country
N/A
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
Just curious if there are others with a fascination with munching snow or if Shirley Wigglebutt is just a silly snow muncher....

ladywebb

Feb 12, 2021
Midwest
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert
20210218_134742.jpg Gilbert loves munching on snow! And ice cubes!

OP
S

Shirley Wigglebutt

Jan 16, 2021
Country
N/A
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
Awe beautiful Gilbert is a fellow snowmuncher!
Shirley is glad knowing she's not a lone snow muncher hehe even though she would rather stay out with her tits freezing buried munchin on snow than be inside where it's warm. She's definitely been a blessing and a hoot. She's shown so much more personality as time has gone by being HOME and I cannot be happier :0)
There's been so much serious recent threads I wanted to lighten up the thread board with something kinda fun.

ladywebb

Feb 12, 2021
Midwest
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert
Shirley is very blessed to have you! There are many times i had to make Gilbert come in as well..even during our sub-zero temps! Crazy dogs! But that's why we love them:drawheart:

OP
S

Shirley Wigglebutt

Jan 16, 2021
Country
N/A
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
I have a couple of the excercise pens put together for her own yard (I'm on acreage with horses and piggies) so she can tend to her business and I can close the gate in nice weather when I go feed my other furkids so she is safe and secure. She had been going out the door, running to her yard, doing her business then shooting back like a rocket before I got off the deck... now with all the snow and a bit warmer temps she runs to her yard does her thing and starts munchin snow, she still ignores me at times but it's nowhere near as bad as it was when I started that thread. She only ignores me if she's got a distraction. I have a friend that comes once a week (she does my grocery shopping etc) and brings my groceries and helps me do the things my physical limitations from the wreck no longer allow me to do. Shirley has gotten very good still paying attention to me on those days with her but we normally don't have any other visitors so when that happens I don't exist lol I've had my neighbor and his dad over last couple of days trying to help me get my no water issue fixed, I've had to grab Shirley's collar a few times. Currently waiting on a well guy to be able to get to me now. We been out of running water since sometime overnight Saturday. Melted snow doesn't make much water... lol Shirley gets bottled water, not melted snow to drink. I've been scooping as much snow as I can several times a day in my horses water tank letting the deicer melt it so they have water. It's been insane. Oklahoma hasn't seen this much snow at once in many many years and the sub zero temps in a century... hope you and Mr Gilbert stay warm <3

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Yep, snow muncher here too. The weird thing is that although Castor has always liked to eat snow, these last few days with melting snow have been crazy. There are lots of puddles and slushy snow-ice-water everywhere here and he stops to dring and chew every two meters. Although I let him eat snow on lawns etc I'm not fond of his drinking/munching off slushy snow that has been shovelled on sidewalks, for instance, as there might be salt. In fact, I think he's as much after the salt as the snow!

OP
S

Shirley Wigglebutt

Jan 16, 2021
Country
N/A
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
Castor seems like a hoot too! I'm really enjoying getting to know everyone and their humans too!

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
No snow here. They, especially Bruno, love to munch on everything else. they do love to munch on ice cubes.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Maude will take a munch or two. but the others don't much, but run around. They all love ice cubes, though!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks was my snow muncher.... she loved being out in it... we called her the snow leopard.

2CFD216F-ADBE-4BDB-96F8-6C7940E90B1A.jpeg

Lambeau will go but only to get his orange tennis ball

2EC3240C-7CC5-478C-B3DB-11F86CA9B1AA.jpeg

OP
S

Shirley Wigglebutt

Jan 16, 2021
Country
N/A
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
Banks was my snow muncher.... she loved being out in it... we called her the snow leopard.

View attachment 120522

Lambeau will go but only to get his orange tennis ball

View attachment 120523

Banks sure did look like a snow leopard or a leopard Appaloosa horse! Gorgeous baby. Sorry she's no longer with you in the flesh, but always with you in heart and spirit.
Lambeau is gorgeous too and his orange tennis ball so bright it cannot be missed!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks sure did look like a snow leopard or a leopard Appaloosa horse! Gorgeous baby. Sorry she's no longer with you in the flesh, but always with you in heart and spirit.
Lambeau is gorgeous too and his orange tennis ball so bright it cannot be missed!

Thank you.. yes, Banks is always with us[emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590]

Lambeau is obsessed with that orange ball... cries if he can get to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

Shirley Wigglebutt

Jan 16, 2021
Country
N/A
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A

Awwwe!!! why does that not surprise me about Lambeau?
I guess just in the short time I've been blessed to have Shirley, I can totally understand

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae