gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
20210130_222626.jpg
Update on Bruno the rescue dog. No more lung issues so far. We have been watching him really closely to make sure he doesn't get overexcited. We have found out he is super smart. every day when I get home from work I put all of my stuff away before I greet the dogs (this prevents Crazy from peeing on the floor). Bruno decided in this time he needs to go find a bone (nylabone ring) and bring it to me in order to be petted. In reality that is how long it takes to me to put my stuff away. The other day he went into the living room to get the bone and all of the sudden he bolted out of the doggie door. He bolted back in the doggie door with his dog bone so he would be greeted. he remembered he left it in the backyard. He still does the alligator thing a couple time a day but he is also such a love bug. My wife has had to hide in the bedroom a couple times when he he gets too crazy. he likes to bite kneecaps, hands and feet. my wife has severe arthritis. Whackamole (folded up light catalog) helps but we have to be sparing with it. we think someone in his past may have done too much whackamole. we think he is the best 15 month (seems like 5 month) old bulldog ever.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Great to hear Bruno is doing well and what a good routine that he goes to get his bone to greet you. That is actually something we regret not teaching Castor when he was a pup as it's so convenient when visitors come, etc. Many years ago, my husband had a giant dog who always went to pick up a toy before he came to greet visitors. Castor is calm these days (and we have no visitors of course due to covid) but when he was younger he was very happy when visitors arrived or when we came home, so then he would have needed Bruno's skills!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So happy to hear he is doing well! My Lambeau does the ‘get a toy’ thing when I get home too... so funny.

As for the zoomed, they will subside as he ages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
This is funny cause Louie will ALWAYS grab a chew or toy to show you when you get home. I didn’t realize others did it as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
Great to hear Bruno is doing well! :) zoomies are just so funny, they just look so happy :D

Most Reactions