New Puppy tips

jlj781

Jun 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Bufflyn (2011-2019)
Hey, does anyone have any tips for puppy’s to ensure they are off to the best start possible?

we are feeding good food and giving nuvet vitamins as treats.

we have heard and read conflicting info on letting them or not letting them jump up, jump off couches, climb stairs, and even play tug o war. We have avoided all of these as much as possible but didn’t know If that was extreme or not and when or if any of this is ok.

thanks for any help or tips!

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
Hi, my advice would be to not let any pup climb stairs or jump on or off a sofa for at least the first few months, there bones are still soft and developing so can cause problems later in life.

We sat on the floor with our new pup for the first few months so he wasn’t trying to get on the sofa with us :yes:

I am sure there will be more advice to come :D

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
If you click on the Home tab above, on the right hand side is a list of articles... English Bulldog Information Center. You will find several articles about owning a new bulldog, what to feed, etc.. It's a great place to start to learn about your new baby. Of course, please post on our forum if you have any issues or questions. We would love to see a pic of your new baby!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I stress this often especially as a pup, you need to build their immune system stronger n it starts within their gut flora. Use toppers daily as fermented sauerkraut or fermented veggies and/or raw organs, marrow bones, wild caught frozen fish.... But definitely rotations of protein. If it’s kibbles after “each” bag, change to your brand with another protein...repeat. YES, do use chicken as pups. As the grow the body will recognize all food groups n will avoid numerous allergies IF any. This breed usually gets food allergies. So if you’re on top of what they eat as pups, it will reduce health issues down the road.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Definitely no steps or jumping off on furniture for at least five/six months while bones are still soft

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.