I need my bear bear... needed to vent this got long sorry.

Pperrin

Apr 18, 2011
St. Catharines Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I am glad to read that you confronted, and stood up for your house.
As someone who has been in and out of the trades for awhile I have seen both sides of the story several times and I have seen a lot of contractors that will push the homeowners to see how much they can get away with. Most of the time as soon as you {pardon the term} piss on their boots and say enough they will get inline and do as expected.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Good for you for standing up to that bully!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
What is WITH guys thinking they can bully people? I feel for you because I have been in the middle a few situations this week that have my blood absolutely boiling - jerks thinking they can get away with bullying me! My problem is not crying but in coming back at 110% of what they gave me because I have a little temper when I am in these situations. It makes me act in a way I am not proud of and I don't appreciate that.

I try to put things into a larger perspective and it usually helps me calm down. Bulldogs are very helpful in gaining that perspective. :) Feel better!

P.S. The temperamental part of the me says "$@(% that guy! Give me his $*##%-ing phone number!" :angel:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
P.S. The temperamental part of the me says "$@(% that guy! Give me his $*##%-ing phone number!" :angel:

[MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION] That made me laugh out loud reading that .... :lol:

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
thats sad when his own guys wont even say anything to him!! so glad you got the curage to stand up to him!!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
My first thought was...what kind of respectable contractor doesn't know the difference between pine and oak? I guess the kind that have bumper stickers that say..."Nice Legs! What time do they open?"

What a jerk. That is why you give them half up front and the last portion when completed. Contracts are a beautiful thing.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Gosh I am the underspoken one myself but in my head I hope I would go off and say what you did. Good job! I think once somebody gets me pissed enough to cry they would regret it but up until that point I have a very hard time also telling people what to do etc. I hope you have changed his attitude towards the job and he is better from here on out. If not, fire him and get [MENTION=2152]Kim Sebastian n Oliver[/MENTION]'s hubby to come over and finish it up. ;) DO NOT pay another dime until he finishes.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Geesh...what a bleepedy bleep. I am also one that when someone treats me like that I get mad and go off...not fun nor does it feel good afterwards. I woulda had his head on a stick. lol. BUT you did the right thing by talking to him firmly after you had calmed down. Everyone is right in that you are paying him for a job and he needs to complete it to your satisfaction.

Good for you! :hug2:

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.