I need my bear bear... needed to vent this got long sorry.

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
I cannot stop crying I am so PISSED :angry:. First of all the contractor came in today, totally unprepared. He knew he had to move a 300lb vanity that didn't come apart up a flight of stairs and that he needed an extra guy. He shows up on time but then he is like, oh i gotta go get this guy, no **** sherlock, i told you this umpteen times. Then he comes back and complains the entire time they are moving it. I told him this thing was extremely heavy, he said no problem.

Second he has been bitching about getting more money but I am not paying him his balance until he is finished, the contract I signed with him, states half up front, balance when finished. He is doing a little extra work for me but regardless, he stated he could wait. So I said since you need more materials, you'll have to go to Lowes, (I have a giftcard) which is 20 minutes further away than Home Depot. He says no problem. He is gone 2 hours to get the stuff to hook up my new toilet, vanity sink stuff and faucets, and trim including shoe mold and baseboard, I said I wanted stainable OAK. So he gets back from this trip, all pissed off he spent $100 in gas, Lowes wasn't helpful, he yelled at his guys that stayed behind that they did more than they were supposed to do (they installed some switches for me because they had nothing else to do, I am paying for them to be there what did he want them to sit with their thumbs up their a$$?) Then he started yelling about the faucets I picked out didn't come with some additional plumbing that was needed. Ok so he storms out to go to Home Depot to get the other stuff. I start to uncontrollably cry when he left. I am so distraught that he yelled like that in front of me and I feel horrible because it is all stuff he agreed to do but i still feel its my fault.

Third and what keeps me crying is, I look at the molding he got, its effing PINE. I am so pissed. Now i have to face him when he gets back from Home Depot to say dude you got the wrong stuff now you have to spend another $100 (its really not) in gas and return that stuff and get the right stuff. I don't want to face him and I asked his guys to tell him and they are like nooooooooo, we aren't doing that, he'll get all mad.

I am honestly so stressed and distraught over this. I am the one who has to tell my husband this and he doesn't take this stuff well. Chalk it up to the hormones but I desperately need my bulldog to cuddle with and calm me down but he is in the crate and I can't do it :*(

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I am so sorry to hear this. Hopefully it will get better.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
You know what ..... this @ss-hole of a contractor is working for YOU!!

If he can't do his job correctly then that is his problem. If you're not happy with his work then that is HIS problem. AND when you fire his @ss and get a new contractor to finish off the job that he apparently can't complete without messing up .. that's gonna be HIS problem too.

You're the boss ........ don't you dare let him make you feel this way!!! :guns::guns::guns::guns:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Awww mammyglicks I'm so sorry! I hate those situations, I never handle being yelled at like that well, makes me cry too :( Can't you have your husband talk to your contractor over the phone. That's what I would do, I would call Dave and say you have to deal with this because I just can't handle it. Or if you can try to just break it down to him yourself, like LOOK this is what I asked for and this is not what I have gotten, fix it! It SHOULD be that simple (I know it isn't always in reality), you paid someone to do a specific job and it is his responsibility to do it properly. Sorry you can't have Bear cuddles, I know that always helps :(

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I've found I have better success if I go to Home Depot or Lowes, select the material, write out the stock number, description, etc. and give that information to the contractor. Good luck with your project!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
You know what ..... this @ss-hole of a contractor is working for YOU!!

If he can't do his job correctly then that is his problem. If you're not happy with his work then that is HIS problem. AND when you fire his @ss and get a new contractor to finish off the job that he apparently can't complete without messing up .. that's gonna be HIS problem too.

You're the boss ........ don't you dare let him make you feel this way!!! :guns::guns::guns::guns:

What she said!! You go girl!!!

L

Lucy-licious

I a;ways cry too :hug2: [MENTION=676]mammyglicks[/MENTION]. whilst I agree with [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] 100% I would not be able to do it myself. I am such a softie :eek:
Phone your husband tell him whats happened and how the contractor has treated you and ask him to phone the contractor.
Then go find bear, shut yourself and him in a room together and get that hug you so need.
:hug2: :hug: :hug2:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
If this is all written on the contract, there should not be a problem. Don't pay him unless he has finished completely to YOUR satisfaction. They need work now, so don't worry about it.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
as a wife of a contractor, this makes me angry too!!! He is working for you and if something isn't done to your satisfaction or isn't done the way it states in the contract it will be, you have all the right in the world to tell him. The fact that he got pine and not oak is his problem, not yours. My husband bends over backwards to make sure that his clients are satisfied even if it means taking money out of his own pocket to correct something and giving up family time to make sure the job gets done correctly.

Danielle J

Jan 8, 2011
Jacksonville, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Presley
Your post made me so angry at your contractor. First off...stop crying!! Yes hormones will do that but stop crying and refocus. This is YOUR house and YOUR money!!!! YOU ultimately have to live with what work is being done. I once was like you, I felt like I was being overdemanding, etc etc and felt bad and I didnt say half of what I should have and in the end I was unsatisfied and out of money. PLEASE DO NOT LET THAT HAPPEN TO YOU!! Now I am 100% in control and you know what if the contractor doesnt like it, OH WELLLLLL find a new job in this shitty economy!! Okay now I am done venting lol. But PLEASEEEEE make your voice heard, make sure he does what YOU want, and dont take his crap! If he starts acting that way---correct his behavior!! Tell him you dont appreciate his tone and his yelling and bitching and complaining. YOU ARE THE CLIENT AND THE CLIENT IS ALWAYS RIGHT....THERE ARE A TONS OF OTHER CONTRACTORS THAT CAN HAPPILY FILL HIS SHOES ALL WITH A SMILE ON THEIR FACE!!

OP
mammyglicks

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
:hug2: Aww thank you everyone for the support. I truly needed it without my bully to love on. I use him too much for that but oh well. So an update...

When my contractor arrived back from Home Depot I said "You got pine, not oak, I need oak" he says "i had them pull it and I told them oak" i showed it to him the upcs on the wood clearly state pine, i looked at the receipt, it says pine. Now I am not by any means a wood expert but as soon as I saw the stuff I knew it wasn't oak. He should have known, had he checked the receipt and the wood itself, there would have been no problem. clearly he wasn't paying attention. I explained to him in a not nice but not yelling tone that I must have oak today because it has to acclimate to room temp for 24 hours before we can stain and it can be installed on Friday. Then I went on about his tirade in front of me and I told him he just may have lost him more business (the guy gives good prices and his work has been good so far that he has finished anyway). So I go outside to get some air an was looking at his truck and realized this is what I get for hiring a guy with a bumper sticker that says"NICE LEGS!! What time do they open?"

Ok off for my Bear snuggles. Loves and hugs to all the bullies and bully parents.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Yay!!! Good for you - standing up to that bully!!!
:hug2:

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
I agree 100% that this man is working FOR you and you make the rules. I find it very rude of this man to yell and throw little hissy fits in your home. You need to have a conversation with him and tell him this is not acceptable in your home. Do not give him one pennie until the job is finished and to your liking. if you dont likr something tell him-I Do not like that - Good luck:hug2:

Members online

No members online now.