Where to start looking for a bulldog?

jlj781

Jun 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Bufflyn (2011-2019)
Hey there, after about a year and half with no Bulldog in our home we have been looking into getting another and we are just as lost as we were the first time around. How does someone know where to start to find a breeder or to make sure they are reliable or breeding proper bulldogs. We have always love the the looks and atittude of a bulldog and are wanting another one. Our first one Buffy had a ton of health problems and we dont know if that was breeder related or just how the cards were for buff but either way that breeder is not around anymore. After having such trouble with her we want to make sure we do everything we can to have a better go around this time. We live in saskatchewan canada so local breeders are fairly limited as well. We have been in contact with Xxxxx bulldogs in Regina saskatchewan and Xxxxx Bulldogs in alberta as well as few others but just have no idea what to look for exactly. Has anybody heard of either of these places or any others in western canada? And price ranges have been all over the map is this a "you get what you pay for" thing or are some people just priced different? we have seen anywhere from $1000-$6000+ whats normal in Canada, and the US for that matter. We do not want to breed dogs or show dogs we just want a healthy bulldog that can give our us and our kids as much joy as Buffy did. If anyone knows any good breeders or have connections in the Saskatchewan Alberta areas that would be helpful and thanks for any extra help or advice with this!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey there, after about a year and half with no Bulldog in our home we have been looking into getting another and we are just as lost as we were the first time around. How does someone know where to start to find a breeder or to make sure they are reliable or breeding proper bulldogs. We have always love the the looks and atittude of a bulldog and are wanting another one. Our first one Buffy had a ton of health problems and we dont know if that was breeder related or just how the cards were for buff but either way that breeder is not around anymore. After having such trouble with her we want to make sure we do everything we can to have a better go around this time. We live in saskatchewan canada so local breeders are fairly limited as well. We have been in contact with Xxxxx bulldogs in Regina saskatchewan and Xxxxx Bulldogs in alberta as well as few others but just have no idea what to look for exactly. Has anybody heard of either of these places or any others in western canada? And price ranges have been all over the map is this a "you get what you pay for" thing or are some people just priced different? we have seen anywhere from $1000-$6000+ whats normal in Canada, and the US for that matter. We do not want to breed dogs or show dogs we just want a healthy bulldog that can give our us and our kids as much joy as Buffy did. If anyone knows any good breeders or have connections in the Saskatchewan Alberta areas that would be helpful and thanks for any extra help or advice with this!

Sorry, I had to remove breeder names, as we do not allow them on the boards.

In US, you will pay between 2500-4000, and Bulldog Club of America is a good place to start looking. As fo Canada... oh, Helene, any insight? [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Yep, look to the BCA for reputable breeders.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Not sure about Canada but I generally tell people to find their local bulldog club as they usually have a breeder referral program. Going to local dog shows is also a good place to go to meet breeders as well. Breeders that show their dogs usually breed as well and they tend to do health testing and are very particular with who they choose for the dam and sire. Plus, not every puppy in a litter is going to be show quality so they’ll sell the ones that aren’t to pet homes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

I bought 3 from the same breeder in Alberta. All 3 very healthy. One pass from an incompetent vet..& nothing to do with the breeders dog... long story.. You need to be careful buying EB in Canada as they are rare, you will never see any for adoption either. Her dogs comes before her. She’s one of them. Prices idk

So you can PM me if you want...

OP
jlj781

jlj781

Jun 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Bufflyn (2011-2019)
I bought 3 from the same breeder in Alberta. All 3 very healthy. One pass from an incompetent vet..& nothing to do with the breeders dog... long story.. You need to be careful buying EB in Canada as they are rare, you will never see any for adoption either. Her dogs comes before her. She’s one of them. Prices idk

So you can PM me if you want...

Hey thanks for the info i tried PMing you [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] but it said
  • "helsonwheels has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hey thanks for the info i tried PMing you [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] but it said
  • "helsonwheels has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

Odd let me go check

- - - Updated - - -

Odd let me go check

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.