Bulldogs and home security systems

PukaMiniBulldogs

Mar 18, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Mai, Tai, and Tiki
I just wanted to give y'all a heads up. We have a home security system but they stopped by today and told us some unsettling news.

Most all existing systems work off of your phone line. Well it seems that the bad guys have gotten smart and are simply cutting your outside phone line and walking right into houses with out the security company or the police getting notified. The alarms still sounds but by the time your neighbors call the law, they're long gone.

So, the upgrade is all wireless including a touch screen pad for the wall that has a cell phone in it so there's noway they can disable;e your alarm. There was no charge for this upgrade either!

The reason I'm putting this out there is number one, you want your family safe and all of it's contents. Well as we all know more and more of our bullies are being stolen right from our homes, not just the backyard. So if you have a system please see about getting this up grade and if not, get one!

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Thanks for the info. I will have to look into that.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Good info! My dad has always said this so I never bothered getting a system. We have our own security system :guns: but if we arent home it would be nice to have a back up. ;)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That's very useful information ... thanks!!!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Thanks so much for the info. I have to check if our lines are underground as well.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
I have been researching security alarms wanting to get one for our home. A few weeks ago I had a girl ring our doorbell, I usually don't answer if I'm alone but for some reason I did. I opened the main door left the screen locked and of course both boys were right there. She asked me if my parents where home, uhhhh....then proceeded to ask if we had, had our roof fixed, I said yes and by this time she saw bo stick his head to where he could see and she backed off. Te next day I was reading te news online and saw that the girl that was at my door along w 2 guys broke into a house about 3 miles from me. The owner was in his house at the time caught and apprehended her and a guy till the cops came. They found the other guy hiding close by!!

I'm so freaked out right now that we are about to be getting one here soon!!
Why companies do all y'all recommend? And yes we will have wireless!

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Thanks for the great info. Definitely thinking about it more now especially with me being at school a lot and late nights. Guinness is the worst guard dog ever he will lick anyone to death

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Yeah, we were robbed when we live in Hawaii by a well, a "lady of the night"...geesh...but they caught her a block away and she didn't actually get much. Right in the middle of the day! Since then, we use our alarm system every night and I keep my iron pipe under my pillow lol

zeusmommy

Aug 22, 2011
Metro Detroit
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
I never liked the fact that my alarm has to be connected to a phone line. I dont use the house phone and deem it not necessary. Its good to hear that they DO have an alternative. I'll be calling up to ask about this, thank you so much for the heads up!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.