Apr 28, 2019
Ca
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
We brought home Max’s new friend a blue tri bully by the name of Nova. Please suggestions are welcome. nova is 9 weeks max is 1 yr 11mo, and is getting anxious to play or meet with her but we have decided to keep separated until she is fully vaccinated. The back story is I live in CA in a townhouse. Since max is potty trained we plan to continue taking him outside to not disrupt his routine. We don’t know if he is stepping on parvo or potentially has any viruses she can be susceptible for. Funny thing is I have a vet across from me, he actually told me I shouldn’t be scared of getting her sick from Max but the other way around. Nova potentially getting Max sick. Please advise what I should do. Currently they are separated but max is getting anxiety and just wants to play. What do you suggest?

Attachments

• C1568073-178E-4007-B3C9-716E0364EA9B.jpeg
    C1568073-178E-4007-B3C9-716E0364EA9B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 223

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
I may be wrong, but right now, the little one is more at risk for getting sick without her vaccines, and I guess the risk for max is if the puppy is not dewormed. If He were to step on her stool and “clean” his paws, he could potentially catch them. Other than that, I don’t see how she can get him sick. The main concern is getting her her vaccines and protecting her. As long as Max continues to get his annual vaccinations he should be fine.

By the way, when I first brought home Brisket, he was the rough one. Always wanted to play with my adult miniature schnauzer, but he was a little thing, so I worried more for Oreo! I’m sure they will grow the be the best of friends! Then they’ll be inseparable! Oreo seems to be annoyed by Brisket’s antics, but whenever my husband takes Brisket with him to work, Oreo whines for him and greets him with so much excitement!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
We brought home Max’s new friend a blue tri bully by the name of Nova. Please suggestions are welcome. nova is 9 weeks max is 1 yr 11mo, and is getting anxious to play or meet with her but we have decided to keep separated until she is fully vaccinated. The back story is I live in CA in a townhouse. Since max is potty trained we plan to continue taking him outside to not disrupt his routine. We don’t know if he is stepping on parvo or potentially has any viruses she can be susceptible for. Funny thing is I have a vet across from me, he actually told me I shouldn’t be scared of getting her sick from Max but the other way around. Nova potentially getting Max sick. Please advise what I should do. Currently they are separated but max is getting anxiety and just wants to play. What do you suggest?

Do as the vet says. Don’t worry. Puppy is still full of momma’s milk n protected. You know Max is healthy so let them play. Simply keep an eye with Max as he’s much heavier. But it’s now they need to bond. Ask [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] when they brought Ella home.....Let the games begin!!!

OP
Maxthebulldog1210
Apr 28, 2019
Ca
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
Do as the vet says. Don’t worry. Puppy is still full of momma’s milk n protected. You know Max is healthy so let them play. Simply keep an eye with Max as he’s much heavier. But it’s now they need to bond. Ask [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] when they brought Ella home.....Let the games begin!!!

So I should let them play but just watch it?
Max has all his vaccines the baby only received her second. I keep hearing different results from everyone, but I do appreciate the different responses. I do know the reeder allowed her to play with all of their dogs they just simply never went on walks since the back yard was a nice size.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I would not worry about Max, as he has had all his shots, I would take her out with Max, so she learns from him, about "peeing" outside, but I would not take her for walks, until she gets the rest of her shots. I would let her and Max together in the house but be careful, as Max could accidently hurt her. Just watch when they are playing.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So I should let them play but just watch it?
Max has all his vaccines the baby only received her second. I keep hearing different results from everyone, but I do appreciate the different responses. I do know the reeder allowed her to play with all of their dogs they just simply never went on walks since the back yard was a nice size.

Agree with all of [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] post. I went with Nyala to my breeder n came home with a little guy name Duke. 3 months old. I never split neither. Nyala was about 18months old. She basically taught Duke everything. Pee in the back of the yard in their special area, play n when to stop as she definitely put him in his place. Meet n greet people etc etc... So yes I sure would. Just keep an eye on rough playing that’s all.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I had 2 dogs already when I brought Ella home and they were all together right away, no separation at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.