SO Mad right now!!

Pperrin

Apr 18, 2011
St. Catharines Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
So my new bullie got sick of the kitchen floor today, something we gave him obviously didn't agree with him. When he did it I was standing right beside him and as soon as he finished he started whimpering, I bent down to pet him and he cringed away and started whining...He was SO upset that he had puked up the treats and was so afraid he was going to get beaten... I tried to comfort him but he was actually starting to shake as I bent down to pet him..I cannot believe that someone would have hit this poor MARVELOUS dog for any reason but he clearly must have gotten smacked for getting sick before (rescue dog for those that haven't read my other posts) ....
I had no clue that he had suffered through anything like this at his previous house(s). It was heartbreaking to see this loveable pooch, that only wants approval and love to cringe in fear from me.
I am soo mad right now I can hardly see straight!!:angry::angry::angry:
I cleaned up the floor and spent an hour tracking to the one previous owner that I knew and she said that she had noticed that he had a problem with shoes or if someone tried to move him out of the way with their feet.. now I'm thinking he may have been kicked :(
I don't know what to do other then just try to reassure him that it's ok and everything is alright....

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
We have had many many rescue dogs. All except for our Dena..who we currently love..were from the streets. My husband worked in areas of Los Angeles where for some reason, a hole people would dump their dogs. He, over the years, has brought home some of the best dogs in the world. We have and still do, feel WE were so fortunate to have had them in our lives. We never knew anything about their previous lives, but they all came with fears and scars. It was like peeling an onion. Layers had to come off before these sweet critters could heal. Just accept that your dozer had this crappy existence and take little steps with him. Before you know it..he will be whole again and love you more than you can imagine. I am so missing these special babies of mine as I write this. Remember..soon you will have replaced his fears with love..and thank you for opening your heart.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It will take a lot of time to build trust, dogs don't forget....

Our Sarah who had horrible allergies used to do this (crouch and cringe when going to be petted) and we could never understand why. She also used to bark and attack at the wall. We found out the allergies interfered with her vision, she could see but it was blurry.... so anything coming in her direction quickly, she was just trying to get out of the way I guess. The wall thing was her not knowing her own shadow, and thinking it was something dangerous.

Mandy still does this, even after a year....(but she has no eye problems)...... what she must have gone through I will never know..... but I can only continue to reassure her she is loved :heart:.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Dozer may have a sensitive stomach made more sensitive by being in a new environment. I'd lay off the treats and lay on the love and attention. He will soon realize he is in a safe, loving forever home!
I believe anyone who abuses animals should be shot as they aren't worth trying to rehabilate. Animal abuse, starting fires, and incest, anyone guilty of all 3 should be put out of their misery. My red neck is showing.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Couldn't have said it better than [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] he will heal in time. I get so emotional when I see the dogs the rescues take in and wonder how in the world someone can do that to a poor defenseless animal. Our dogs are treated like our children.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh my, this thread is making me quite emotional right now. I think it's so wonderful when I hear you guys talk about the animals you have saved and taken into your homes and hearts. That is an example i would like to follow, someday soon hopefully.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh my, this thread is making me quite emotional right now. I think it's so wonderful when I hear you guys talk about the animals you have saved and taken into your homes and hearts. That is an example i would like to follow, someday soon hopefully.

[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]..it was very emotional for me to write about my sweet guys..and gals. In the last year we lost two of them. Our sweet rottie just a few months ago and every day I miss her. Actually buying a pup was so out of character for us..in fact all our neighbors and friends were shocked. But..I always wanted a bulldog and didn't want to deal with a breeder..he is from the neighborhood and just seemed meant for us. You should follow your heart and bring home an unwanted dog someday..you will never regret it. Even when they chew ALL the corners off your rugs!! Lol $$$$$$$

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
It is incomprehensible to me how can anyone abuse an animal like that.People who harm animals, often where abuse themselves and should never have kids or own any animals. But that would be in a perfect world and the reality is that this happens all to often. Thank God for people like you and so many others that open their hearts to these poor animals and teach them that not all in this big world is bad and scary and that hands are for caressing and petting and hugging. I hope your baby is feeling better.Keep a close eye on your baby because He might be in some sort of pain too. I know that when Mocha has a fever she shivers and when she is in pain, she wont let us pick her up.

OP
P

Pperrin

Apr 18, 2011
St. Catharines Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Thanks all, the encouragement is good to read and appreciated.
We had a full medical on Dozer yesterday and got some results today, looks like when he was a pup he had a couple of broken ribs :(
I think he knows that things are going to be better here, he gets so excited when he see's any of us come home that his nub goes into blender mode lol
We're trying him out at the dark park tomorrow, leashed at first to see how bad his aggression is apparently he is a bit of a bully (no pun intended), but I don't trust anything that they told me now I'll let Dozer fill me in :)

Again, thanks all for the posts /hug

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
poor thing it terrible the things people do to animals but hes safe now,i wouldnt give any attention if it happens again,id just clean it up no hugs and kisses because at that point hes scared and you will be feeding that emotion ,he wont see it as positive ,just that its attention and it may lead to him being more insecure,as soon as he realises that its not a problem if this happens he will realise hes loved and safe,good on you for taking this fella in,karen

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
How awful to think that at some point he was beaten to the point where his ribs were broken!! :*(

It will take some time but he will gradually learn that all the horrible things are in the past, and that he is now surrounded by love!! :heart:

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.