Licking

mzeman

Sep 11, 2019
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Dobby
Hello,
I have a 15 month old English Bulldog. He is a licker...He wants to constantly lick my legs, my arm, my feet, you name it. It gets very annoying. Has anyone else experienced this and know why they do it? He also always wants to be chewing/eating something. He has lots of toys but would rather eat boxes, leaves, sticks, the tv remote control!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello,
I have a 15 month old English Bulldog. He is a licker...He wants to constantly lick my legs, my arm, my feet, you name it. It gets very annoying. Has anyone else experienced this and know why they do it? He also always wants to be chewing/eating something. He has lots of toys but would rather eat boxes, leaves, sticks, the tv remote control!

Hi there, was there something new or different that changed in his life? Usually itā€™s a sign cause theyā€™re bored. Does he get a lot of exercise?
Try one of the treat toy balls. You put treats inside n it keeps them occupied trying to get to a treat.

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
Brisket does the same thing with me. He licks my legs every time I get out of the shower, and my feet whenever he can, arms, hands, anything in reach. He loves to lick my daughters toes, and though it tickles her, we try to discourage him from
Doing it too much. We redirect him with a Kongo as [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] suggested. Heā€™s still teething so heā€™s always looking to chew on something and thatā€™s because he gets PLENTY of exercise. Heā€™s very energetic but also very affectionate. He loves being next to me and will lick when he is so not sure if itā€™s his way of showing affection by ā€œgroomingā€ me or he needs something to keep him occupied.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My Willow is the same... it's embarrassing when we have people over, and they have bare legs!!!

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Bella does the same thing! [emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]
It is a little embarrassing at times. Especially if to a person who doesnā€™t love dogs as much as we do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Yep, Buster is a licker too. I have to keep a towel by my chair to cover my legs when he is on my knee.

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
These comments all make me giggle! My Harvey is a licker too. Stella not so much but when she does lick me out of the blue I love it. I figure it means she really really loves her mommy [emoji7][emoji2957]
Either way, sorry I donā€™t have advice as to why, or how to curb it cuz I just love it! Hahahaha....

When people come over and they get licked, well.... if They donā€™t like it they know for next time, donā€™t come to the house run by bulldogs [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online