Please pray for my sweet Bubba

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
I woke up this morning at 5 AM to a loud noise. Bubba normally sleeps on the bed I found him on the floor next to the bed. I donā€™t know if he fell off or he was on the floor and knocked over a small wall decor that was resting near bed, that I hadnā€™t hung up yet. When I found him he was not responsive and only showing a few gasps of air. He started coming around some with minimal movement in legs. Couldnā€™t stand. Had some discharge coming out of one nostril. I woke up my neighbor so he could help me get him in car. As he picked him up he started defacating. Previously has never had a seizure. Vet tells me he has very minimal movement in his legs. Appears sensation in legs is intact. Appears now to be cognitively intact and aware of surroundings. Tells me now they found a mass, the size of a golf ball, in his chest. Xrays reveal spine appears to be intact. Neurologist coming this afternoon. My thought is a seizure or stroke. Anyone have this happen to their dogs?
please pray for my sweet fat boy!
cassie

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I hope things have improved. Praying for your sweet boy. :pray: Let us know how he is doing.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
We hope your Bubba soon will feel better. Castor sends his best wishes and we all pray for his recovery.

OP
bubbaisapig

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Bubba update. Well Iā€™m feeling a tiny bit more optimistic. Spoke with neurologist a little bit ago. Feels Bubba quite possibly has a embolism to his cervical spine, putting pressure and causing some paralysis. Possibility but doesnā€™t think it is a disc rupture. Thinks possibly he tried to get up out of bed and his left side went week and he fell off the bed. Probably knocked the wind out of him which is how I saw him this morning, gasping for breath. Another good thing is that this neurology office does work closely with my pet insurance company. (The emergency vet wouldnā€™t do this for me, and I have to submit claims and pay upfront). Bubba is scheduled for an MRI Monday afternoon, unless something happens and he goes downhill. Thankfully his pet insurance I have for him pays 90% of just about everything except for an exam. If it is a disk they will do surgery while heā€™s under, for the MRI. I saw Bubba today. He didnā€™t recognize me at first because I had my mask on but when I pulled it down he put that little Paw up to say hi like he usually does and started wiggling his tail. He seems very comfortable. Pretty tough to leave them there though. They have around the clock technicians from the neurologist office keeping an eye on himand monitoring him.the neurologist seem pretty optimistic that the surgery will go well. I asked if because of his age and breed if he was concerned about it putting him under anesthesia. Did not seem concerned about this at all and said that Bubba otherwise very healthy.ļæ¼I asked about the mass in his lung, he says they may repeat the x-ray because heā€™s not certain what they saw was accurate. Of course it may be a metastatic mass and it could be cancer in his cervical spine as well but I am praying and hoping for the best and staying positive. Please continue to pray for my little Bubbs. Well, maybe not so little..I do call him ā€œfat boyā€. Donā€™t judge..he likes it!ļæ¼ļæ¼ļæ¼ļæ¼ļæ¼ļæ¼ļæ¼

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Prayers for your boy... So hard to go through the waiting. Prayers for you too...

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Thanks for update. Great to hear Bubba is comfortable and well taken care of. We think of you.

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Praying so hard for Bubba and YOU!! Keep us posted!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sending lots of healing positive prayers for Bubba and hugs to you! Please keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh gosh... I'm so sorry to hear about Bubba, praying that his MRI goes well... please keep us posted!!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=2308]bubbaisapig[/MENTION] So so sorry to hear this about beautiful Bubba. Sending prayers that all will be well and he will come through this just fine. :pray::pray:Prayer for you, as I KNOW how worried and stressed you are!

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
So sorry to hear about Bubba, sending all the positives thoughts in the world. It does sound like you have found a good vet which is always reassuring.

Keep us posted.

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
Praying for you both. Thanks for the updates. We are all a community that come together for our love of our fur babies, and we are here with you during trying times! I pray that all goes well with your fat boy. I will continue to check back for updates.

By the way, no judgement with calling him fat boy. Brisket likes it too. Even my kids! Ha

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
943EB2BB-6BC0-4D1A-9D57-FDBD120527A7.jpeg

YOU BOTH GOT THIS... :yes:

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online