Bumps on Skin

dymeale

Aug 23, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
NikolƃĀ”s
Hi All, me again! My dog has these bumps every where. I thought they were mosquito bites but now Iā€™m thinking they arenā€™t. He was eating raw alpaca and I cut it off because he seemed to not do well on it. Heā€™s now on rabbit, before the alpaca he was on rabbit and did great. The bumps are flakey. Any thoughts? The picture Iā€™ve attached is the worse one he has the others are much smaller but essentially, they all look like this, bumps with flakey dryness. They also seem to really itch him. 4C9C6A68-8394-4330-9B0E-92E66FAFB3F2.jpeg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi All, me again! My dog has these bumps every where. I thought they were mosquito bites but now Iā€™m thinking they arenā€™t. He was eating raw alpaca and I cut it off because he seemed to not do well on it. Heā€™s now on rabbit, before the alpaca he was on rabbit and did great. The bumps are flakey. Any thoughts? The picture Iā€™ve attached is the worse one he has the others are much smaller but essentially, they all look like this, bumps with flakey dryness. They also seem to really itch him. View attachment 119863

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/sarcoptic-mange-in-dogs-causes-symptoms-and-natural-treatment/

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi All, me again! My dog has these bumps every where. I thought they were mosquito bites but now Iā€™m thinking they arenā€™t. He was eating raw alpaca and I cut it off because he seemed to not do well on it. Heā€™s now on rabbit, before the alpaca he was on rabbit and did great. The bumps are flakey. Any thoughts? The picture Iā€™ve attached is the worse one he has the others are much smaller but essentially, they all look like this, bumps with flakey dryness. They also seem to really itch him. View attachment 119863

Might be ring worm or staph infection.... [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Does look like it could be ringworm. Get a tube of NuStock,wear surgical gloves and rub it in the spots. Read the directions on the tube.

OP
dymeale

dymeale

Aug 23, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
NikolƃĀ”s
Update: took Nikolas to the vet. The bumps/scans on his back are not mange, thank goodness! The vet diagnosed him with pyoderma/allergic dermatitis. He was given an antibiotic and an injection for the itching. The scab on his chest though she said she believes to be ringworm and waiting for results.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Update: took Nikolas to the vet. The bumps/scans on his back are not mange, thank goodness! The vet diagnosed him with pyoderma/allergic dermatitis. He was given an antibiotic and an injection for the itching. The scab on his chest though she said she believes to be ringworm and waiting for results.

Great you got him looked at... keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online