Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
are raw from scratching. So this week she’s started her new Raw Diet. She’s already scratching less and I was thinking this will be a big step forward...until, she’s sitting in my lap and I tasted it before I smelled it...the new Raw Farts. They’re just awful. Jeez!...there goes another one. Eyes burning, nose hairs singed, nausea creeping in.
I hope it’s worth it.
0E413F2A-5773-4176-A164-97C0C2C2EE6E.jpeg

What we’re trying to fix...
83B76891-8A03-4DF2-B6DE-5502BDAA4BB3.jpeg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh gosh... poor baby!!! Raw has been a game changer for Walter... now if I could just find a morning kibble that would work!!! Lol

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Bullie and Angus' farts were so nuclear from the day they moved to our house that when we switched to raw, we just never noticed the difference... the gag-ewww-good-thing-i-love-you-so-much one for me was when they would chew on a meaty bone, swallow it, throw it back up complete with goo, and chew on it again.

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
throw it back up complete with goo, and chew on it again.
That image has been permanently etched into my brain. Thank You...I will share it with everyone at the table next dinner gathering...Thanksgiving, perhaps.

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
That image has been permanently etched into my brain. Thank You...I will share it with everyone at the table next dinner gathering...Thanksgiving, perhaps.

Best table talk you can mention! I’m sure everyone enjoying thanksgiving will be thinking of the exact same. Ready to explode from over eating, but the whole “it was so good and worth it” that they’d eat again after the fact. It’s relatable.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
You’re doing the right thing. You will see a big difference. Are both on raw or just mini? The neck is definitely the immune system. You can also add the green smelly tripe to boost it faster. With her health pedigree you will even see that boost up a few notches. Btw, the smell is the probiotics from the raw working. It’s going to settle down once it’s back on track.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
are raw from scratching. So this week she’s started her new Raw Diet. She’s already scratching less and I was thinking this will be a big step forward...until, she’s sitting in my lap and I tasted it before I smelled it...the new Raw Farts. They’re just awful. Jeez!...there goes another one. Eyes burning, nose hairs singed, nausea creeping in.
I hope it’s worth it.
View attachment 119833

What we’re trying to fix...
View attachment 119834

ouch... poor girl! What raw are you feeding, or do you make it for her? Wonder if it will help with her mega as well

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella and Chewy Raw Duck patties. She absolutely LOVES this food...can’t get enough. I’ll post up some progressive pics as the days and weeks go by.
So far no difference with her Mega E.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
NuStock would be great for her sores. It would also counteract the smell of the bully "perfume!" [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] :whistle:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
NuStock would be great for her sores. It would also counteract the smell of the bully "perfume!" [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] :whistle:

That’s what I used when Jake ripped all one top paw with the lawnmower. Lost his 2 nails n web n lots of rawness. Healed great! I ordered 3 tubes! Don’t trust my anxiety loose canon...He’s Duke’s blood brother. :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION]. How is she doing? Any Updates??

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
How is she doing? Any Updates??
She really likes the new food and eats about 3/4 of a 6oz patty twice a day.
It's not obvious due to the different lighting when pics were taken but I see improvement already. She's scratching less for sure.
Progression pics...
MINI0.jpg
MINI01.jpg
MINI02.jpg

Hoping she continues to improve!

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION]

Oh yes big difference from the first photos! Glad she’s back on track.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Members online

No members online now.