Shawna Stevens

Sep 16, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rona, London, Lou
I have a bully female that shows to have breathing issues. Always super phlegmy and junky
Had xrays done early she showed a 2mm trachea at 8 weeks old
Thought she had pneumonia treated but here we are 4 months later with this junky phlegmy Bulldog
Any thoughts on allergies or possible soft pallet issues
We can’t figure out what the problem is
I had her on fluid pills and also prednisone neither did anything spectacular the fluid pill helped alittle more than anything really

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
I had this same issue with Brisket. He had phlegm, turns out was a slight cold. But a few weeks later, it’s back. Vet believes it is stenotic nares, so will be planning for surgery on the near future.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have a bully female that shows to have breathing issues. Always super phlegmy and junky
Had xrays done early she showed a 2mm trachea at 8 weeks old
Thought she had pneumonia treated but here we are 4 months later with this junky phlegmy Bulldog
Any thoughts on allergies or possible soft pallet issues
We can’t figure out what the problem is
I had her on fluid pills and also prednisone neither did anything spectacular the fluid pill helped alittle more than anything really

So she is 6 months old? It could be nares or palate. What food brand/protein are you feeding? Have your tried to give a Benydrl to see if it helped clear the mucus?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
How are her nares? external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg are they open enough? Her palate can't be checked without anesthesia. If she does need surgery, make sure your vet knows Bulldogs!!

Epc2188

Jun 27, 2020
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
I got the nostrils done and the soft palet surgery...had to wait for his airway to widen so we waited till he was like 1.5 yrs old...happy i get it done

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online