Leather Dog Harness

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I bought a Leather dog harness from england and i think its reallly nice, my question is. Is it okay for your dog to wear a harness all the time? Does it cause any hygeine issues or other skin/health issues?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I dont suppose it would cause any issues unless it rubbed wrong and created a sore spot. I think that would be something that you would look out for, especially the first few weeks. Gracie only wears a harness when we go somewhere; not in the house or in our fenced yard.

OP
mbuxx

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
okay thanks, i guess its not really necessary to have it on all the time..its just really nice haha.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I bought my bulldog BabyGirl a nice new leather harness. I looked away for a just a couple of minutes and when I turned back Mr. Wilson was happily chewing it right off BabyGirl! WHAT!!!! :angry: BabyGirl was belly up and letting him do it!!! :bang:
Well I guess it is not possible for them to wear harnesses all the time in my family as there are three dogs. I do put on their harnesses when they go for walks. They're made of sturdy leather and when I take them for walks people say they look like they are ready to pull wagons.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Mocha only wears Her harness when we go out, or playing in the yard.I also wash Her harness every two weeks in baby shampoo.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Both Maggie and Daddy have collars on all the time ... but that's like accessorizing ..... :lol:

Maggie has a harness that we use to take her out for walks. At the moment, we haven't got Daddy one but intend to, because I really don't like walking him on just a collar!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I think it would be ok, it will cause the hair it is going over to get a bit matted and I would think it would irritate under their front legs (armpit area if Samson were a human :)) if he wore it all the time. The only other thing I would say is, just my personal opinion, that that may be awfully uncomfortable to wear a leather harness all the time. I say that because I tend to humanize my dogs and would think well if I were them I wouldn't want to wear a leather harness (or any harness really) all day.

OP
mbuxx

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Lol thanks Becky. I got it off eBay and they sent the wrong size so its way too big. I'm just waiting it oit till he grows into it

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

Wlw9x

May 10, 2011
Gardendale, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Katie
I thought about letting Katie wear hers all the time, but she will rub up against anything and everything (including walls and new appliances), and roll around on the carpet to try to get it off. It was causing some damage, so now I just put it on for walks and rides. She wears a collar a lot of the time, but it's gold and sparkley.. like [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] said, she's accessorizing! ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.