Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bully Toys?!?!?!

Potty Trainer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kairos
    Likes (Received)

Default Bully Toys?!?!?!

Hii!!

I have a male bully who loves to destroy all of his toys !! He has so much fun destroying toys, the problem is most of the time he will destroy his new toys in a day or a couple of days
    Can anyone recommend SAFE, strong,long lasting toys for bulldogs??

Also, I used to buy him rawhide "bone" toys which he used to love and play with them for days. I read they are dangerous for bullies and I no longer buy them... are there any SAFE "bone" toys for bullies???

All suggestions will be appreciated!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bully Toys?!?!?!

I suggest deer antlers! We received ours a few days ago and all the great things I've heard are true! My non bully dog..Dena..is a real chewer and of course, so is Jake. They have hardly put these down and they are the first ones they pick from "the toy pile"! These are real deer antlers and if you get them..I would suggest the x large. I got mediums which are fine..but I will get larger ones next time.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Princess Gracie 's her Nylabone. That is the brand and they make tuff synthetic bones. Rawhide definitely is a no no.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Yep no to rawhides for sure and I would stay away from the pg ears etc just because the bullys mouths and throat are so large, all that stuff makes me anxious. I love the nylabone for my boys also. The ones with the grip chew area in the middle hold up very well. We buy new ones every couple of years actually. I have yet to try these antlers but everyone is loving on them so I say try them out!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bodacious
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    Yep no to rawhides for sure and I would stay away from the pg ears etc just because the bullys mouths and throat are so large, all that stuff makes me anxious. I love the nylabone for my boys also. The ones with the grip chew area in the middle hold up very well. We buy new ones every couple of years actually. I have yet to try these antlers but everyone is loving on them so I say try them out!
    we gave bodacious pig ears when he was a pup but not anymore. it seems like every treat/'toy' we give him he tries to inhale it..sucks it down his throat & then throws up trying to cough it out...it's horrible. the only thing he has right now is the big rope with knots on each side & it has floss in it for his teeth. i'm curious about the deer antlers now though
    "The nose of the Bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go..."

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

@Kristyle Morton your dogs will like them..and so will you..NO MESS!!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

I Planet dog toys and kong toys!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Jolly Ball Teaser is a good, sturdy toy. We like Kongs and Nyla-rings, too. Ruggles can undo the knot in the ropes and unbraid them so we had to give them up. We get the largest size available in most toys, but got a med. in the Jolly Teaser ball because it is easy for the dogs to pack around by gripping the openings with their mouths.

Potty Trainer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kairos
    Likes (Received)

thanks so much for the info!!!! Real Deer antlers - WOW! Who would have thought??!?! First time I ever hear about the antlers- will have to look those up on the internet and hope they ship them over here!!! Sounds great,especially if they're safe and fun for them and no mess for me to clean up and I'll have to buy some nylabones tomorrow - I'm pretty sure I've seen those but I never got them..... Thankssss!!!!!!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia View Post
    thanks so much for the info!!!! Real Deer antlers - WOW! Who would have thought??!?! First time I ever hear about the antlers- will have to look those up on the internet and hope they ship them over here!!! Sounds great,especially if they're safe and fun for them and no mess for me to clean up and I'll have to buy some nylabones tomorrow - I'm pretty sure I've seen those but I never got them..... Thankssss!!!!!!
    Yup..@patricia..I hope they ship to you.the cool thing is these antlers are naturally shed from the deer..also full of nutrients.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristyle Morton View Post
    we gave bodacious pig ears when he was a pup but not anymore. it seems like every treat/'toy' we give him he tries to inhale it..sucks it down his throat & then throws up trying to cough it out...it's horrible. the only thing he has right now is the big rope with knots on each side & it has floss in it for his teeth. i'm curious about the deer antlers now though
    Oh Cutty SO loves the ropes. We had stop buying them also cuz with his ocd he would sit there and pull the string out and it would come out in his . I figured that couldnt be safe and could twist something up in there so we had to take them all away. Poor Cutty, loses rights to most his toys. haha

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Daddy is a real toy destroyer!! I bought two stuffed dog toys a couple of weeks ago and I think they both lasted less than half an hour!!

The kongs seem to hold up well, and so does this paticular bone that we get:-

I have just bought the deer antlers from carolina pet pantry. It's been shipped so I'm hoping it will arrive today, so I will let you know how that works out!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads