Question

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Rambo is 19 months old, Ollie 3 years. Rambo has very strong manly doggie odor. Even after a bath, Rambo smells within 24 hours. Ollie has never had any odor whatsoever. They both eat Zignature. Could this manly odor of Ramboā€™s be because he wasnā€™t neutered until he was 14 months old and Ollie was neutered at 5 months?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
What kind is smell? If itā€™s like Fritos, thatā€™s usually due to yeast. And not all dogs will do well on the same food so you could either try a different brand all together or a different protein in the Zignature line. Neutering shouldnā€™t affect his smell. Is he getting any probiotics? You can try adding that into his diet as well.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What kind is smell? If itā€™s like Fritos, thatā€™s usually due to yeast. And not all dogs will do well on the same food so you could either try a different brand all together or a different protein in the Zignature line. Neutering shouldnā€™t affect his smell. Is he getting any probiotics? You can try adding that into his diet as well.

Yep... what Citty said [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Jake smells also 24hrs later I would say 3/4 of the time he smells. Days you walk into the house or walk out of the bedroom in the morning I smell him. Just him n not Nyala. I use a diffuser daily... 2 weeks ago I made a special oil for him. Used 1/2 cup fractionated Coconut Oil, 1/4 cup witch hazel, 20 drops of each: lavender, lemongrass, eucalyptus, rosemary, peppermint n 10 drops of tea tree n thyme. I shake the bottle n he runs for cover... loll. But it really works n good for a few days. You donā€™t need a lot either. Rub it in my hands n massage it in..

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
We recently had a rescue come in named Bubba. He stunk all the time. He had no underlying medical conditions that we could identify that was causing the smell. We bathed him...a lot. He stunk regardless. I thought that his smell would prevent us from placing him. Yes, it was that bad. We tried everything we could think of to get him sorted for many weeks...nothing worked. I finally tried something that I had dismissed for YEARS...Dinovite. After a few days, the smell was GONE...just like that. I was stunned to say the least. We now give it to all our dogs and recommend it to our rescues. If you'd like to try it I'll send you a 2 weeks supply...just PM me.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/search.php?searchid=7240379

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Not sure if it has to do with his being nutered late. Castor is intact and does not smell.

Update: I meant in case you meant intact dogs smell!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.