Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Is this true??

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    I don't know, it sounds logical. Since bullies aim to please and don't want you to be upset or angry, I focus my anger on the mess while I am cleaning it up.

Like oh Noooo this is so tragic!! How dare this mess show up in my house!! Bad mess!!!! BAAAAD!!!!!

They look at me like oh sheesh she is really upset about this.....
    I will have to give this a try w/his potty training. The acting upset bit works sometimes when Tate bites me--he starts crying and licking my face when he sees me crying...but then again, he'll bite me again a few minutes later! Maybe i'm just not a good enough actress!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Oliver tries to help me clean it up by stepping on the paper towel and getting in the way when I'm spraying the spot cleaner on it!! He may think it's helping but he really just gets in the way. I will have to "yell" at the mess instead of complaining to him and see if this helps. He is getting better about pooping, or maybe I am just better trained to spot him, but he will still just pee wherever and whenever he needs to.

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

i dont really think it makes much difference where bullys are concerened,they can be hard to housebreak anyway,feeding routinr is key and many trips outside ,never leave the dog unsupervised round the house till they are fully house brok,but not many bullys are ever fully house broke,mine is 10 months and still toilets through the night,i know she can go through,if she sleeps in our room she does nothing but if left downstairs she messes,when she messes i say nothing i just clean it up,i use white vinigar on hard floors and concrete as it gets rid of any doggy smells,its only time with a bully cos they are so stubborn,karen

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I've never heard of this either .. but I do agree and like the idea of yelling and grumbling at the mess.

Maggie was very easy to train and she will now tap at the door when she wants to go out. when we are up and about, Daddy will go and sit by the back door and we have to be very vigilant because that's all he does to let us know he needs to go out. However, sometimes at night he will still pee in his cage. It's not often, but at almost 8 months it's getting a bit tiresome!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads