KrysA724

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
Below are 3 pieces of fabric that were braided together into a tug toy. He had it in his stomach for probably 2 months. They were still twisted together when he threw them up. It took me awhile to figure out what it was. Very lucky he threw it up. He had still been acting normal so I would have never suspected anything. Heā€™s not allowed to have any stuffie toys or any toys with appendages. Heā€™s also eaten part of a blanket.

ceaa6c67efd90a8cbf03ae3224ff1308.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my goodness! Iā€™m glad he threw it up and never got seriously blocked up! How scary! I was terrified over a closed staple because itā€™s sharp, but I guess there is almost nothing a bully wonā€™t try to eat!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Oh my goodness! Iā€™m glad he threw it up and never got seriously blocked up! How scary! I was terrified over a closed staple because itā€™s sharp, but I guess there is almost nothing a bully wonā€™t try to eat!

Some are probably worse than others with their eating. Louie will clearly eat anything.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Below are 3 pieces of fabric that were braided together into a tug toy. Louie had it in his stomach for probably 2 months. They were still twisted together when he threw them up. It took me awhile to figure out what it was. Very lucky he threw it up. He had still been acting normal so I would have never suspected anything. Heā€™s not allowed to have any stuffie toys or any toys with appendages. Heā€™s also eaten part of a blanket.

ceaa6c67efd90a8cbf03ae3224ff1308.jpg

Goodness! These bullies. seriously...a blanket dude. I don't get it why blankets and stuffies? hahaha. There are little piles of hazel pooh in the yard that consist mostly of fuzz she's ate from her toys.

I have so many stories of things brutus has puked up, a mini-pool ball, a toy at my parents he ate at Christmas and didn't come out until February, fake boobs, tampons(puked & pooped out):bad:

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goodness! These bullies. seriously...a blanket dude. I don't get it why blankets and stuffies? hahaha. There are little piles of hazel pooh in the yard that consist mostly of fuzz she's ate from her toys.

I have so many stories of things brutus has puked up, a mini-pool ball, a toy at my parents he ate at Christmas and didn't come out until February, fake boobs, tampons(puked & pooped out):bad:

Cause their jerks hahahaha. When we did have stuffie toys then you had to be on poop watch...eyeballs, feet, tails, legs, just waiting for them to come out. So now the rule is no stuffies and no toys that have any body parts. Now it's balls, snakes and donut toys.

OP
KrysA724

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket

Oh my! give me some time, I'm sure Brisket will provide plenty of material to contribute to the bully eating madness. I think the worse any of my previous pets ever ate was a tampon! But that was a loooong time ago, before I knew what they were lol

OP
KrysA724

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
Cause their jerks hahahaha. When we did have stuffie toys then you had to be on poop watch...eyeballs, feet, tails, legs, just waiting for them to come out. So now the rule is no stuffies and no toys that have any body parts. Now it's balls, snakes and donut toys.

Yes! that's what I want to avoid! He loves his puppy, but I decided to take out the eyeballs and nose button to be on the safe side. How about nylabones though? Don't they tear them up and begin eating the plastic? Or whichever plastic toys? What do you guys suggest giving him to play with during his shark teeth phase that will be safe? Right now he has a tire/rope toy, and he plays with empty water bottles, a pair of shoes (designated for him), and padded volleyball (that is way too big for him).

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes! that's what I want to avoid! He loves his puppy, but I decided to take out the eyeballs and nose button to be on the safe side. How about nylabones though? Don't they tear them up and begin eating the plastic? Or whichever plastic toys? What do you guys suggest giving him to play with during his shark teeth phase that will be safe? Right now he has a tire/rope toy, and he plays with empty water bottles, a pair of shoes (designated for him), and padded volleyball (that is way too big for him).

I wouldn't give any kind of rope toy! The strings if swallowed can wrap around the intestines and cause some serious damage or death! Can you take off the rope and just give him the tire? I give Nylabones and other chew toys. Once they start destroying them, I throw them away. Buffalo horns are a good chew and pretty sturdy. With anything you give, you'll know when it's time to take it away and trash it.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
And little miss missy bitch are my kitchen wall this morning!

c49d00a23641720c31eb8492582e4977.jpg

OP
KrysA724

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
I wouldn't give any kind of rope toy! The strings if swallowed can wrap around the intestines and cause some serious damage or death! Can you take off the rope and just give him the tire? I give Nylabones and other chew toys. Once they start destroying them, I throw them away. Buffalo horns are a good chew and pretty sturdy. With anything you give, you'll know when it's time to take it away and trash it.

oH MY! Thanks for the heads up! just took off the rope! I will buy a few Nylabones then and Buffalo horns. I didn't even think about the risk of rope toys! Why do people make toys that are bad for dogs, for dogs!!

- - - Updated - - -

And little miss missy bitch are my kitchen wall this morning!

c49d00a23641720c31eb8492582e4977.jpg

That lil :evil: lol! time for a patch job!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
4082120C-B26E-40D0-86BE-CB335AB442A8.jpeg

Get these...I only use marrow bones n feed it raw n frozen. I NEVER give them the joint section as it makes their poop crumbly. Youā€™ll find them at your grocery store. Your dog is small. Look for the 3ā€ ones or if you have a butcher, theyā€™ll cut it for you. They will chew for hours. Plus marrow is very good for the immune system.

OP
KrysA724

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
View attachment 119543

Get these...I only use marrow bones n feed it raw n frozen. I NEVER give them the joint section as it makes their poop crumbly. Youā€™ll find them at your grocery store. Your dog is small. Look for the 3ā€ ones or if you have a butcher, theyā€™ll cut it for you. They will chew for hours. Plus marrow is very good for the immune system.

Thanks! I will go ahead and make a trip today. Thatā€™s perfect for keeping his attention off biting us too [emoji18]

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)

THESE are absolutely a must!! They are Jackson's "crack". It keeps him busy for hours! When he is done, I wash them and refill them with a mixture of yogurt, peanut butter, banana and freeze them. Instant snack!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He has his appointment for his next round of vaccinations on Friday, and I called the vet right now and sent a video of his breathing, they think it may be stenotic nares and may need to be corrected with surgery, but won't have a definite diagnosis until then. Will have to wait and see. Definitely won't let them give him any shots unless lungs are clear.

Lambeau Was like this as a puppy as well so at 16 weeks we had his nares widened and it helped immensely it also potentially eliminated the need for him to need palate surgery because widening the nares at a young age lessen the stress on his palate

OP
KrysA724

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
Lambeau Was like this as a puppy as well so at 16 weeks we had his nares widened and it helped immensely it also potentially eliminated the need for him to need palate surgery because widening the nares at a young age lessen the stress on his palate

Our vet wanted to wait to see if he would grow out of it. Should I have them do it instead of waiting?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
SysmƤ
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
How are his nares? If they're already narrow it could be ok, but if they're open no.

Our vet wanted to wait to see if he would grow out of it. Should I have them do it instead of waiting?

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.