Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Good idea!

I sure hope he feels better. And I forgot to mention we missed you both!!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh man..that's too bad about cash..bet you're right..she knows how to cover her bases! I bet Vegas is just so stressed out and poor baby must be so relieved to be home with you. He knows he is safe now..just love him and cuddle with him. Hopefully a night in his own home will be all he needs. This whole story brings my blood boiling all over again. Poor critters..you just would think when someone runs a business to care for animals..that they do care..sadly not.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Oh my gosh..that's just awful! I'd bitch and complain and probably refuse to pay them, haha. That's just ridiculous. I would DEFINITELY complain!!!

I used to work at a Veterinarian's office and we had boarding there. There were dogs that would come in that would just poop and pee all over themselves, and my bosses would tell me, "Oh..don't give them baths until the end, we have to charge them for baths." So I'd wait until after my bosses left after hours and punch out and give the dogs baths. I just felt so bad for them. The dogs couldn't help it, really..I mean they didn't get outside as much because people wouldn't take them out often (I was there in the morning and night, two times a day is NOT enough for going outside) and you couldn't expect them to hold it all day. :(

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Awww,,, poor babies.... both of you ;)
What is so scary is that now some day we will want to take HRH somewhere for a weekend spa.... how will we ever trust anyone.? Especially since Jakeisgreat had a similar experience makes me wonder if they all are like that.
Anyway, I hope you both are feeling better in the morning.... :)

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
O...M...G.....I am so sorry! I hope his vomiting was just from the stress and he is feeling better now. The benedryl might be what is making him sleep. These sorts of things just make my blood boil. Maybe next time you should look for a friend? Don't feel bad. You did what you truly thought was best. Like everyone else said, I would be all of the net leaving bad reviews everywhere.

Oh, and it is really, really nice to see you back. I know the after effects of the nice weekend are gone now because of what happened to your little guy but was it at least fun while it lasted?

Last edited:

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Reading this makes me very angry. You paid that woman good money to care for your pet and she took advantage of you. I hope Vegas is back to normal tomorrow. Please let us know.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Poor Vegas, and $105 for 3 nights isn't a cheap stay. Do you know other people who leave their dogs there? I'd share your experience with them. I don't know the legal ramifications but I'd be tempted to tell your experience to all of the vet offices, the HS, SPCA, other groomers.
We have only one pet hotel here in Wallowa County. The last time the boys went Mack came home with a chewed ear. Of course no one knew what happened. He probably stuck his head in some bitey little dog's crotch during playtime. But they only allow drop offs and pick-ups from 8am to 9am and 5pm to 6 pm. They say it is because the dogs get so excited when cars come but I wonder. Anyway, I'm glad you're back!

L

Lucy-licious

I am truly shocked and very upset for the both of you :hug2::hug2:

When you have calmed down you should phone this woman and tell her you are not happy and why.
Tell her you have written a review on her place and that she may want to read it.
Inform her you will be taking Vegas to the vet for a thorough check up and should there be any I'll effects from her poor care you shall be taking it further than a bad review. Sock it to her [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] God I am so ANGRY for you :angry: I really wish I lived closer.

P.S. Give Vegas a big snuggle from me and Lucy xx

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my gosh this the horrible!!!! I am so saddened and angry at the same time! How is he doing today, better I hope? So what did you say to this lady when you left?!?!?!? I would def say something to her just because and then report like everyone said to anyone and everyone you can. She should be shut down! It isnt that hard to keep the bullys from becoming gross and disgusting, seriously! I mean I suppose you can expect they wont clean the folds the way we do but that wouldnt make such a diff, this is just ridiculous! I am glad you are back but wish you were able to come home with a good happy feeling.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Poor Vegas! I know exactly how you feel. We boarded our Boston back when we got married aand missed him so much we came home a day early and picked him up. He smelled so bad.full of eye buggers and crud and shaking like a leaf. We have never gone on vacation since.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Daphne

Dec 31, 2010
daphne 042.jpg OMG! i would react the same way! You may want to contact the Better Business Bureau

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
I work at a vets office and we do boarding there and I am pretty sure that none of our boarding dogs would go home like poor Vegas, I too would ask for a complete refund and if you end up taking him to your vet I would make them pay for that too, but like everyone else said word of mouth especially the beginning of the season is their best advertisement, You may be saving another innocent animal, the pain and suffering Vegas is going thru now if you did make a scene.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.