I am back with a vengence!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
You all know my computer broke last Tues and I went out of town Fri until this afternoon with no internet connection, so as soon as I get back in town I go buy a new tower and I am back in business!!

I have tons to read and even Joe rented a total dude movie so I could catch up with you all while watched his movie.

Now to yell....scream...and B**ch!!! and this is AFTER I cried for over an hour this afternoon.

We go to pick Vegas up from the "doggie spa" that I have boarded him twice before but today I showed up UNANNOUNCED and my jaw hit the ground!! I told her I would be there around 6 and actually missed him so much I went at 2, He was a TOTAL MESS!!!!!

His poor face was dripping with tear stains and dirt, both his eyes are almost swelled shut and he STUNK so bad!! This is all from Friday morning at 9 a.m. til today at 2. I was so taken aback I just paid and left, the whole ride home I kept looking at him and was so sad, then so PISSED!!!!

I got him home straight in the tub, washed his face several times dried him real good and his face actually felt hot to the touch. I gave him a benedryl and fed him. After he ate he actully threw it all back up. He has laid lethargic all afternoon.

I tried to put him in his crate when he threw up so he would not re-eat it and noticed 4, not 1 but 4 pee stains in his bedding that he has laid in the last 3 days. I am sure this was due to seperation anxiety but this is a fricken so called "SPA"......NEVER and I mean NEVER will he return!!! I am so upset over his condition that the wonderful get-a-way weekend with my hubby has been forgotten.

I have a lot of reading and catching up to do, but I just needed to vent about poor Vegas.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I hope after you calm down a little, you call and complain! They should be put on notice that you will report them to the humane society or something along those lines. Poor Vegas, I hope it's nothing serious with him.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Poor Vegas. I cant believe he looked like that...I would complain and yell.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Glad to have you back but OMG I can't believe that, poor Vegas! I hope you call and freak out on those people. That is completely unacceptable. The whole thing really bothers and worries me, how do his eyes look now? Did the benedryl help the swelling? Please keep us updated on how poor Vegas is doing!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
OMG this makes me soooo angry!!! I would call the Better Business Beaurue (sp?)

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I don't have any one to call and complain to she is the OWNER, I am going to write a bad review on her spa. I feel triple guilty since this is the 3rd time I have boarded him there. Once for 5 days, he has never looked like this he was always bathed and clean when I picked him up, I now know he was living like a pig until I picked him up on a scheduled time. Vegas will ONLY stay with my son for now on, NEVER will I board him again.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Oh poor Vegas! And poor you! :( That is absolutely horrible!! I can't believe that a business that is supposed to take care of him and save you worry would treat a poor doggie that way. Grrrrrr....I was going to suggest that you write a bad review of the business, but you are already on top of that. Good! More and more people are reading reviews, so hopefully she will lose customers and be put out of business.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Glad your back! So sorry to hear about poor Vegas. I hope he's better soon. And yes you do need to report that so called Spa to someone. You should get a full refund of the boarding fees too!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]..I know EXACTLY how you feel. We used to board at our old vets all the time and our babies were always clean and their bedding we left with them, always clean. One time..the last time..we arrived home a day early and went down unannounced to pick up our dogs. Omg..they were smelly..stinky and their dog beds were loaded with urine! I had a complete breakdown and while we had a recourse..we changed vets..and I told everyone we knew. Believe me..word of mouth can do wonders. Go online to yelp and all those sites and let her have it! Businesses like hers rely on their reputation and new customers will do a search for reviews. We now have a petsitter come stay at ou house. Critters are so happy and that makes me happy..glad you are back...

And verizon still sucks!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], AND....I am a bartender at a very, very busy sports bar, Oh wait til I run my mouth this week! I did the same last time I had my hair colored and highlighted and the salon burnt my hair off, I talked as much as anyone would listen on what a crappy job they did after she refused to do anything about it. All that aside, I did have a complete breakdown today and cried the whole way home. Vegas has been sleeping all afternoon.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], AND....I am a bartender at a very, very busy sports bar, Oh wait til I run my mouth this week! I did the same last time I had my hair colored and highlighted and the salon burnt my hair off, I talked as much as anyone would listen on what a crappy job they did after she refused to do anything about it. All that aside, I did have a complete breakdown today and cried the whole way home. Vegas has been sleeping all afternoon.

Well don't be too hard on yourself..Vegas will be ok..now you know..and I believe in revenge! Thank god you busted them and Vegas is ok..wow..if I were you I would be at the bar drinking while I recuperate!! You go girl!!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Oh how bad for Vegas. I am just worried that he is very sick due to the vomiting. He is home safe now. Give him a huge hug from me.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] already on top of it, his face felt so hot when I picked him up and swollen. I did a very good cleaning on his poor sore face and gave him some benedryl, so he has pretty much slept all afternoon evening, I am watching him close and I will call off tomorrow if I feel a vet visit is needed. I don't know if the throwing up was from getting home, getting scrubbed and the excitement of seeing me, or if he is sick. What I do know I have NEVER-EVER felt his strenghth as much as I did today when I picked him up and we were heading to the truck, he literally pulled me the whole way I had smoke coming from my heels. He wanted the hell out of there.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], oh hell no she knows what she is doing, it has always been and still is CASH only, I paid $105.00 for 3 days for him to lay in his pee, have a swollen red, runny face, stink to high heaven, and feel like crap. The bath water was like mud. We do live in Fl where most of our yards are very sandy including my own yard. What a difference washing his face daily compared to letting him go 3 days makes.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.