Isaias made landfall near our fave vaca spot...

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
in Oak Island NC. Then it came to visit us. Similar to what Oak Island got, we are presently in the eastern eye wall Itā€™s blowing like crazy. No power. Lots of debris. Nothing extraordinary.
I expect it will be out of here in a few hours. Bullies are safe and sound.

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Our foundation Pres lives in OI and it took a real beating

Report:

This from a night shift firefighter on the island:
"The damage done on the island by this cat 1 hurricane is incredible. It hit well above it's weight class, aided by a near direct hit on Oak Island, at high tide, with a full moon. I just spent all night working with the fire department, helping to evacuate many homes around a major house fire in several feet of water, searching cars and trucks that have floated from God knows where, and a few other tasks. There are roads missing, strong currents flowing down streets, overturned cars and trucks everywhere, houses that collapsed, trees down all over, dunes that failed, and it's basically a mess. I encourage you all to sit tight and don't rush out this morning to see the damage. Let the water receed and allow first responders, road crews, etc. to do their jobs without adding to their workload saving your butt."

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
in Oak Island NC. Then it came to visit us. Similar to what Oak Island got, we are presently in the eastern eye wall Itā€™s blowing like crazy. No power. Lots of debris. Nothing extraordinary.
I expect it will be out of here in a few hours. Bullies are safe and sound.

Hey there,

We just went through that last weekend with Hannah. Pretty strong winds, no power, plenty of rain, and now dozens upon dozens of mosquitoes ��. We had just gotten Brisket the day before it hit and luckily we had a backup generator to keep him cool throughout the whole thing. Hope you all came out of it safe with minimal damage and bullies staying cool!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Lots of damage .. I hope all are safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Still no power...it HOT and MUGGY!
We keep a generator powered window unit going for the pups and we have one for us too at night. Friggies are also running on the generator so all the food is secure and we can still make cold drinks! Camping at its best!

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
We had just gotten Brisket the day before it hit...
"Brisket"...lol...love that name!
And we came out fine. A few broken windows at my place of business and a few shingles in my yard...unfortunately, from my roof this time.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OH my goodness... we haven't heard yet from anyone at the OBX. Stay safe & keep us posted!!!

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
"Brisket"...lol...love that name!
And we came out fine. A few broken windows at my place of business and a few shingles in my yard...unfortunately, from my roof this time.

Oh no! Sorry to hear you got damage on your properties.

Brisket was a name we came across in our adoption process and our little guy matched it perfectly lol. it just stuck.

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket was a name we came across in our adoption process and our little guy matched it perfectly lol..
When I read he was the runt of the litter, the first thing I thought of was he's a little Briskette.

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
:D
Canā€™t wait to see him grownup! Then heā€™ll be a big brisket!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.