Glued Ear infected

Frost

Jun 20, 2020
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Hello, my Bruno has big floppy ears and recently came across a video on You tube on Glueing ears. I decided to give it a try and order tear mender glue. I glued them Saturday evening and did it it exactly like the video. I noticed since day 1 he was scratching his ears quite a bit. I figured he was just not used to the feeling so I didnā€™t pay to much attention to it. Today, Tuesday evening I saw the right ear was not glued in placed I also notice behind the ear it was raw and a bit smelly. Immediately started washing of the excess glue but it was very hard even with adding oil to the are to soften the glue While peeling it, some of his hair on the ear came off. I decided to take the other glue off the other ear as well as it too was a bit raw underneath. I put Neosporin on the ears to help with the rawness. Iā€™m sure I didnā€™t add more glue than I saw on the video. My question is has anyone had this happen to there bully? And if so will the hair grow back? Thanks

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello, my Bruno has big floppy ears and recently came across a video on You tube on Glueing ears. I decided to give it a try and order tear mender glue. I glued them Saturday evening and did it it exactly like the video. I noticed since day 1 he was scratching his ears quite a bit. I figured he was just not used to the feeling so I didnā€™t pay to much attention to it. Today, Tuesday evening I saw the right ear was not glued in placed I also notice behind the ear it was raw and a bit smelly. Immediately started washing of the excess glue but it was very hard even with adding oil to the are to soften the glue While peeling it, some of his hair on the ear came off. I decided to take the other glue off the other ear as well as it too was a bit raw underneath. I put Neosporin on the ears to help with the rawness. Iā€™m sure I didnā€™t add more glue than I saw on the video. My question is has anyone had this happen to there bully? And if so will the hair grow back? Thanks

Yes hair grows back. Keep putting the ointment. When you say floppy ears, like what? Can you post a photo of your dog? A lot of EB have floppy ears n not rosettes. Itā€™s ok to have floppy ears :)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Yes hair grows back. Keep putting the ointment. When you say floppy ears, like what? Can you post a photo of your dog? A lot of EB have floppy ears n not rosettes. Itā€™s ok to have floppy ears :)

Floppy ears not okay if youā€™re planning on showing your bulldog!
[MENTION=19729]Frost[/MENTION] both of my dogs had their ears glued at the breederā€™s house before they came home and neither had any issues. Maybe an allergic reaction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Frost

Frost

Jun 20, 2020
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Before & After
5521926A-C00A-4EEF-9D74-97147F772033.jpeg
C711E794-5A96-428B-AA76-9F538759FF30.jpeg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG... so adorable! Freckled ear too.. Iā€™m a big fan of floppy ears, but if showing then do need to be rose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Floppy ears not okay if youā€™re planning on showing your bulldog!
[MENTION=19729]Frost[/MENTION] both of my dogs had their ears glued at the breederā€™s house before they came home and neither had any issues. Maybe an allergic reaction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True if you show the dog they need their rosettes. If not, nothing is wrong with floppy ears. :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.