What do your neighbors think about your bully/bullies?

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
thought about this today as i was standing at the door calling Horse to come in "come-on horsie, you want a bum wipe?". i laughed to myself wondering what the neighbors were thinking about this! it's always interesting to hear non-EB owners opinions of them. our neighbor (who is disabled, and not so steady on her feet) is not dog person at all, but has fallen in love with Horse. My landlord (a decent sized, rugged guy) on the other hand thinks that Horse is going to eat him and is completely terrified of him.

what do your neighbors have to say about your bullies?

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Since bulldogs are the Marine Corps mascot, my neighbor (the marine) loves them. My other neighbor doesnt seem to mind them either. Last summer we were redoing our backyard and we had to tear down our side fence to get a backhoe in there. We hear a knock on our door and it was our neighbor with Vegas at his feet saying that he just wanted to make sure Vegas got home okay. Apparently he forgot his boundries and wandered past the gate line and into their front yard. Just about the time she was ringing the door, my husband was coming around the side looking for him. We don't usually get people that say negative stuff about them. Vegas has those dark brown eyes that melt your heart and has the underbite that leaves you smiling. Orion still looks like a puppy, with an underbite to match Vegas's. She does the head tilting as you speak to her. That seems to win over people.

Mugzilla

Mar 24, 2010
southern bell
Bulldog(s) Names
www.myspace.com/queenlatillyjo
i'm a private person and purposefully don't know my neighbors. i'll wave or smile if i see them in their yards, but i have no idea what their names are, etc.
all of my neighbors have dogs, so i don't think they mind my dogs. although, the neighbor in front of us came over when we first moved in and when i answered the door with my tilly jo, she asked if i could put the dog away and acted like she thought tilly was disgusting. i found that to be a little rude. i hadn't asked her to visit, she knew i had tilly, so why on earth come to tilly's house and ask her to be put away? pretty sure tilly didn't get put away and the lady never returned to my door ;)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yep, we are pretty private too. We are friendly with our neighbors, but none of them know we got 5 bullies! And we want to keep it that way....

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Most of my neighbors just adore Chester...I think because he is so quiet and gentle, and clumsy/funny :D I have people all the time coming up when we are in the front or back yard.. "I saw you walking, so this is where the baby bulldog lives" and will come see him.. which is OK :)

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
We are a private family as well and don't really hang out with the neighbors but everyone that sees him loves him. I took him to my son's bus stop a couple of times and he is a hit there. Everyone else started bringing their dogs :)

All the people on my facebook love him, say he's the cutest thing ever and the 2 times i've taken him to the vet (he's a puppy) ALL the techs come in to see him, and I hear, "There's a bulldog puppy here". its so funny. I didn't realize they were so popular when we picked the breed.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.