So, the first night...

Pperrin

Apr 18, 2011
St. Catharines Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
So we bring home our new bullie and of course we have a full day of playing, walking etc (we'll talk about the cats later). But we decide to put the dog's bed at the foot of ours... well... that was a mistake LOL
My wife must have hit me 15 times because I was snoring...umm cept it wasn't me it was the 200 decibel pooch on the floor hehe. Not to mention the "other" things coming out of the dog that woke us up! phew!
All in all it was a great day and we couldn't be happier with our new family member.
He seems to have a thing for licking peoples hands after he gets to know them, is this a common behavior?

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Congrats on the new family member. I am not sure about the licking--but pups will try to lock on to anything they can to take a nibble (teething)--but that is really common.

Oh the snoring bully--Lucy used to snore like a motorboat when she was a puppy--but she out grew it. She barely makes any noises at night. At times I am amazed how quiet she is. Lucky me, huh?

Taks lots of pictures and make sure to share with us.

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Our little man likes to lick hands to! But most of all he snores so loud and sticks so bad he clears a room! All common! :luv:

L

Lucy-licious

Haha! Lucy used to share the room with us but the snoring and smell was to much for me to bare :lol:
She now happily sleeps in the kitchen and sleeps better for it.
I can still hear her snoring but it's not so bad it keeps me awake.
Licking! Lucy licks any bit of bare skin she can get at. She also has a fettish with Chris's ears not sure what that's about!

We have 2 cats who tease the hell out of Lucy then run for the hills, don't worry bout them cats are way too clever to let a bully bother them xx

Last edited:

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
All of my Bulldogs (6) over the years have been lickers. They do catch on to the "NO LICK" command but you have to be consistent!
I gave up on Bulldog snoring in my bedroom years ago; I need a good night's sleep!!!
Our cat Stubbs (RIP) lived 17 years and tought 4 of our Bulldogs how to treat cats. Our calico cat, Katze, is 1&1/2; she came into a home with 2 grown Bulldogs. She is doing fine but she runs from the dogs so they chase her....If she'd just stop and bat them a time or two they would show her some respect!!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
The right food can drastically reduce the gas your bully has. At least that's the experience we've had with HRH since changing her to Fromm.
As far as snoring at our house I think it's a tossup who snores the most. And I think the volume is about the same for all 3 of us.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ha..the workings of both ends of a bully are SPECIAL! Yes our Jake is quite a licker also.especially likes legs with newly applied lotion. Don't worry..soon you will be asking about the puppy biting!! Glad you joined the club!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yep and we let both boys sleep with us. Good thing we are heavy sleepers! As for the licking Cutty is a total licker! It is funny cuz he doesnt clean Mugs, I think he is the aloha and that is why cuz Mugs does clean him. BUT he does try to clean us adults and kids so I guess things are in the proper order. lmao. You should see him with the kids! I have to separate them so they can breathe a bit. haha The 3 month old gets her feet cleaned constantly throughout the day, so cute!

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online