Puppy in Pool

Frost

Jun 20, 2020
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Hello, not sure if this has been posted but would it be safe to bring my 3 month old in a pool? And I am referring to the pool chemicals Chlorine, Saltwater and of course I would not let him go in the pool by himself I would be holding him? Thanks

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello, not sure if this has been posted but would it be safe to bring my 3 month old in a pool? And I am referring to the pool chemicals Chlorine, Saltwater and of course I would not let him go in the pool by himself I would be holding him? Thanks

So long doesn’t swallow too much water.
Saltwater... Many years ago, I went along an ocean once with my German Shepherd, errrrrr not good, was like Niagara Falls as poop. They definitely can play n go in but not drink it. He drank a lot too. :(
[MENTION=16776]Hceril[/MENTION] dog bella would live in the their pool 24/7... maybe she can guide you...

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Bella has been in the pool since she was a pup. We have a salt system but that actually makes chlorine. She does drink the water. She absolutely loves floating in her dog float. I will post a picture of the brand. It is the best we have found and we have had many. From amazon.
It is extremely hot here in the summer so really that’s the only way for her (and us) to be outside for any length of time.
Her float actually lets her be in the water so she can cool off. We tried a float that kept her completely out of the water. (It was a human float)
E6EBF4A1-9A29-4C86-AE39-645C3A1A0228.png

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Bella has been in the pool since she was a pup. She absolutely loves floating in her dog float. I will post a picture of the brand. It is the best we have found and we have had many. From amazon.
It is extremely hot here in the summer so really that’s the only way for her (and us) to be outside for any length of time.
Her float actually lets her be in the water so as to cool off.
View attachment 119323

Number of floats you tried, I would definitely go with what you say is best out there as a float. Lol..

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Number of floats you tried, I would definitely go with what you say is best out there as a float. Lol..

Lol.....
Yes it was a little pricey (I don’t spend that much on my own float[emoji1787][emoji23])
But definitely well worth it. We actually ordered a second one for next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Frost

Frost

Jun 20, 2020
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Thank god he loves being in the pool . This heat wave is murder on both of us lol .C3D21ABB-8596-4F88-B148-780800201DDF.jpeg

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
My boy hank LOVES the water and doesnt drink but!!!!!!!!! when he was a young pup and up to almost two he floated and swam pretty good. As an adult, not good. So be very careful not to acclimate him to where he may take chances he cant handle.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.