KKandBEA

Jun 20, 2020
USA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Beatrix
Hello,

I am new to this forum and new to bulldog ownership. We adopted our EBD/Sharpei mix Beatrix about 3 weeks ago now. Although we did a lot of research before adopting and knew she could definitely have complications due to being a Brachycephalic breed, we do not know what to make of her severe coughing in the mornings when she wakes up and at night when put in the crate. It sounds almost like she is trying to clear an obstruction or cough up a hair ball (I attached a video) Our temporary vet put her on an antibiotic which she is just about finished with and we haven’t seen an improvement. Has anyone experienced this with their EBD or have any ideas on what may be causing this or how to make it better? We are so worried that she is in pain/struggling.

Video of her cough: https://youtu.be/QUh6DXm3a3Y

Thanks in advance!

BethD

Oct 18, 2016
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosco
I am sorry I don’t have any advice on the coughing. There are a lot of people on here that I am sure will be able to help.

Welcome to the forum though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Just posted this in another thread:

Dr. Becker recommends for core and rabies vaccines:
"My protocol is to administer a first round of distemper, parvo and adenovirus (no parainfluenza) before 12 weeks of age, usually around 9 to 10 weeks. I give the second round between 15 and 16 weeks. Two weeks after the second round, I titer to insure the dog has been immunized and not just vaccinated. When it comes to rabies, I prefer to give the first vaccine at six months, and then as required by law, a booster one year later and every three years thereafter."

https://healthypets.mercola.com/site...ine-guidelines

I gave my dog her second adult dose of core vaccine when she was about 5 years old, and don't plan to give it again. I give rabies shot every 3 years.

I don't give any non core vaccines, but those are given yearly.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How freakin adorable is that baby!

The hacking does sounds like it could be kennel cough.... have you had her out around other pups ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Kennel cough is a possibility...any nasal discharge?
When does the coughing happen?
Random?
After eating?
After drinking?
After romping/playing?
...bone chewing?
...waking up?
How long does it last?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.