Whose dog had the longest lifespan ?

yankydoodle

Nov 28, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
princess, kleintjie
Mine are only 5 and turning 6, respectively.
The thought of them not being there anymore in a couple of years breaks my heart.
Average lifespan is 8-10 according to a google search.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
That average lifespan is probably accurate...50 years ago! We see ages often get up into teens. Our last 6 passed at ages 14,14,12,11,10.
I would guess that the average is probably closer to 10-12 years now with the better Vet care now available to our kids. Make no mistake, however, I’m not talking about the available Vet care from Petsmart(Banfield).

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, that might have been the average at one time, but there is a FB group 'oldest Bulldogs in the world' that has some well past the 12 year mark. Parents are more knowledgeable, better food choices and going to a bulldog knowledgeable vet makes a big difference.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Yes, that might have been the average at one time, but there is a FB group 'oldest Bulldogs in the world' that has some well past the 12 year mark. Parents are more knowledgeable, better food choices and going to a bulldog knowledgeable vet makes a big difference.

I took a quick outsider look at that group since I don't have Facebook. Quite inspiring videos and pictures and stories, and quite sad with stories of ones that have passed.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I took a quick outsider look at that group since I don't have Facebook. Quite inspiring videos and pictures and stories, and quite sad with stories of ones that have passed.

Yes, a very bitter sweet page

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
yankydoodle

yankydoodle

Nov 28, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
princess, kleintjie
Thank you all. That is a great comfort. I always try to give my kids the best life possible.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.