Rainy Season

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
We here in costal Florida will have heavy rain almost every afternoon from now until mid-October. Ollie spends 80% of his day outside. He loves it and I donā€™t have the heart to make him come in. Every day is pretty much 90F+ so a quick hose off on the lanai does the job. Ollieā€™s so used to it, when he come in through the dog door, he just stands by the hose, waiting for someone to hose him off. If one of us doesnā€™t instantly appear, he barks for us to come out.
4d7a768e60afce87dc7caa5816820889.jpg

0da9017f2831078735193a4a780e9b10.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
What a cutie.. Funny how some will express themselves.

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
What a cutie.. Funny how some will express themselves.

Ollie is a great communicator. I confess that I have moved into one of my extra bedrooms so the dogs can sleep in bed with me.Many times I go there to watch TV as early as 8:30pm cause I just canā€™t take another minute of talk tv played loud enough to break the sound barrier. I leave the bedroom door shut during the day. If Iā€™m not there by 8:30, Ollie stands in the hallway and barks for me to open the door for him. Even if I donā€™t go right in, he puts himself to bed. He barks for his food bowl to be filled in the morning. He barks in front of the cupboard door where the treats are stored. And this is really weird, he will bark at the front door to go out and the lanai door to come in. He will Not walk in the front door and will Not walk out the back door. If heā€™s bored he goes into the laundry room and barks at the door into the garage. I open it, he goes into the garage and barks at the car. I leave him there. He usually ambles back in through the laundry room in about ten minutes and throws himself on his bed for a nap. Heā€™s one weird dog. Very interesting dog.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Ollie is a great communicator. I confess that I have moved into one of my extra bedrooms so the dogs can sleep in bed with me.Many times I go there to watch TV as early as 8:30pm cause I just canā€™t take another minute of talk tv played loud enough to break the sound barrier. I leave the bedroom door shut during the day. If Iā€™m not there by 8:30, Ollie stands in the hallway and barks for me to open the door for him. Even if I donā€™t go right in, he puts himself to bed. He barks for his food bowl to be filled in the morning. He barks in front of the cupboard door where the treats are stored. And this is really weird, he will bark at the front door to go out and the lanai door to come in. He will Not walk in the front door and will Not walk out the back door. If heā€™s bored he goes into the laundry room and barks at the door into the garage. I open it, he goes into the garage and barks at the car. I leave him there. He usually ambles back in through the laundry room in about ten minutes and throws himself on his bed for a nap. Heā€™s one weird dog. Very interesting dog.

That's super awesome!

My dog is such a snob. But she'll bark at me for a butt rub and I'm like... yeah, you love me, you love me, you love me, doncha doncha doncha. LOL.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Great photos,what a handsome dog ! What's that below Ollie in second photo? Looks a bit like blood?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Funny, Jake does somewhat the same for food but he does his loud Chewbacca till heā€™s feed. Mornings are the worst. Like I truly need to tell him ā€œJake enoughā€. Geez Iā€™m not even awake, didnā€™t have my coffee yet n all I hear is this Chewbacca horrible loud noise.... For his treats heā€™ll jump on the sofa, stand on the arm section stares up at the jar treat or snack time smack at noon waiting for fish. We canā€™t even use the word fish, walk or toy... If he needs to potty, heā€™ll pretend to bark n stomp his front legs into the floor till I open the door for him to go out. Thank god he doesnā€™t talk. Nyala, very active n all but couldnā€™t care less unless Madame feels like it. Extremely independent dog. I took my bike out earlier and was riding it in the backyard to adjust the gears on it. Jake attacks the back tire. He does the same at the lawnmower, a chair if you drag it etc.. Iā€™ll extend my arm n say Jake no n heā€™ll back off... Not this time as it was first time he sees me on a bike. I told Nyala ā€œmove Jakeā€. She goes n body checked Jake out of the way loll. I swear she spooks me at times. Most people will think this breed only eats n sleeps all day...definitely not all of them. Great dogs.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Ollie needs more mud. Too cute!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Mud is supposed to be good for the complexion-sand exfoliates!! Must be why Ollie is sooo handsome!!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Even all dirty he is one handsome fella!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.