Pleasse Help!!!

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
Hello Fellow Bully Lovers!

I need some help, advice, ANYTHING PLEAASSE!! We moved into out apartment complex about 8 months ago.. and ever since we moved in we've had problems with people complaining && attacking us about our two loving bulldogs. We live in a complex with LOTS of other dogs, at least 5 other dogs just in our hall way. People are discriminating, && pointing fingers at ONLY our bullys complaining that our two bulldogs bark extensivly all the time. Today two ladies walking into our apartment while we were away and let out dogs out into the hallway alone.. then they started attacking, theating us about our dogs saying they should not be alowed in the apartment complex because of their breed. My question to everyone is.. Is there an organization or someone that would be able to help me fight this ugly situation because I feel this is only because my dogs our bulldogs. All dogs bark, i understand that but i am being singled out.. i've been threaten so many ugly things to do to my dogs to make them stop barking. I'm not quit sure what to do here.. please any advice or anything?
:bully:

OP
Kikiwhoa21

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
It is.. we called the police. but we have no proof that it was those ladies because they didnt admit to it. It gets me so mad that they're pointing fingers JUST at us and our dogs. I feel its discrimination!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Wow..I am sorry I just would probably move. That sounds like a dangerous situation for your dogs. They are not pit bulls for crying out loud.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I am not clear on the situation here.

So someone walked into your apartment and let your dogs out of the apartment? Were you home? What was your response? Did you contact the management office or landlord?

If your apartment complex allows bulldogs, then the issue is closed. You are allowed to have your dogs and you can let your property management know you are being harassed by your neighbors.

Another relevant question would be are your bullies barking during the day while you are not home? During hours while people are sleeping?

I think additional information is needed to offer better advice!

Terry

Jan 16, 2011
Central Valley, California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubbles
How did they get in your apartment? If they have a key change the locks. I would consider a different apartment as well. No one messes with my Bullie.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Something really feels off here.I agree with [MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION]..there are a ton of questions left unanswered..but if you feel harassed..you have rights and most of all..in my opinion..you have a huge responsibility to protect your dogs.

OP
Kikiwhoa21

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
We walked down to the pool area for about 15mins to grill our dinner and we left our door unlocked.. I know on my part that is my fault for being naive && leaving it unlocked. The two ladies standing in the hall with our dogs started attacking us yelling at us. We confronted them asking if they let the dogs out, but they never responded. they would avoid answering the question. and the police said since they didnt admit to letting the dogs out theres no proof to saying it was those two ladies.
Yes our apartment allows bulldogs, we pay a monthly rent for them.. They're saying that the dogs are barking while we are gone which is during the day.. My boyfriend gets home at 5pm and they aren't alone after that. so its not during sleeping hours. I'm home in the morings so if anything they aren't left alone for more then 3-4 hours a day someimtes less.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Set up a video camera or a voice recorder. That way you can monitor what your dogs are doing while away...and you can catch any neighbors that are provoking your dogs. Are your dogs normally barkers? Or do they only bark when provoked? I would definately let management know that your neighbors have started harassing you and yours dogs. They are misinformed about the breed. Document and record anything and everything. What they say and when they say it. Keep a good record because it may come in handy. I would also look elsewhere for housing. if need be, use all your documents to have the apartment management let you out of your lease.

OP
Kikiwhoa21

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
I agree [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]! I want nothing more then to protect my bullys! they're like our children.. && thats why it makes me so angry and full of emotions that people are attacking us && letting them out?

Last edited:
OP
Kikiwhoa21

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
Thanks [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]! I am going to set us a montiar or something.. becaause they are normally not barkers. They hardly ever bark when we're here unless provoked. I kno i've messed up by not documenting anything because this has been going on for a few months now, but it has never gotten to the extreme that it got to tonight. I feel like they're taking advantage especilly because im younger, thats even what the lady told me that she will F**k us up because she's older and smarter and will start a case against the dogs? :/

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Then more than ever you need to make sure you have something set up. Start by documenting everything on paper what was said tonight. Anytime they threaten you....call the police. They have to write a report. When they show up and the neighbors start lying....you have video/voice of what really happened. Also, if you have a camera with video...make sure you get a big card (8 gig) and carry it in the on position. When they start harassing you, turn it on. If you can't video them, you could atleast get the verbal attack recorded. And don't go anywhere alone with the dogs. It would just take one person to falsely accuse you or your dogs. Pepper spray...carry it.

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Also, do you kennel them inside the apt? That might be another safety measure in case someone tries to let them out again. If they are kenneled and someone opens the door..they wouldn't be able to bolt.

OP
Kikiwhoa21

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
Thanks [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] that was really helpful! Thankyou && your very right. I dont want to go out alone with the dogs.. I dont feel comfortable here at all anymore.. for my safety and for my bullys safety. I just dont get why people are so mean and nasty.
I just finished writing everything down that occured tonight.. I do kennel one of them. When we leave we put the little girl in our kennel in our room && the boy in the living room. && thats what we did before we left today.. so i know for a fact whoever it was came in here and was opening door, and god only knows what else.

📰 Latest posts

Members online