Kadet Dutchess Jody is heading to CO

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
It's been a tough couple weeks with out the Kernel Curly...very very quiet.

A few months ago, I mentioned my husband got a EB puppy which had been living with him in Los Angeles. After much discussion, we decided to move her to Colorado as soon as DoD travel restrictions are lifted.

In short, she is having issues with fleas (we don't have fleas on the mountain in CO) and she is picking up bad habits from the Vizsla she lives with (hubby's best friend's dog), so Stu wants to transition JoJo to Colorado sooner than later.

I'm excited to have some chaos back in the house and hopefully this will happen soon after 4th of July.
8cc8b7a3333529198f97d8a7da549ebe.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
She is a cutie, and Mama can teach her some good habits(:whistle:). Either that or you will BE taught! Either way the girl will add some activity! You are so lucky to not have fleas where you live! Keep us up to date!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Sheā€™s still a beautiful baby!!! Us in Alberta right above you, no fleas here either. More north where all trees are from my understanding...guess fleas donā€™t like the Rockies lol I do use when I walk in the mountain or go towards the Rockies lavender oil to keep ticks away. Works great.. Also for fleas n mosquitos...

FOR TICKS

14 oz of Witch Hazel
12 drops of Lavender
15 drops of Citronella
15 drops of Lemongrass

Put all in a spray bottle and shake.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Had the kids over for a bbq. One brought his 3 dogs.... mosquitos came out n took the mixture out... whammm none went on any dogs :) I think Nyala ate 5 mosquitos I figure better spray them.

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
She is a cutie, and Mama can teach her some good habits(:whistle:). Either that or you will BE taught! Either way the girl will add some activity! You are so lucky to not have fleas where you live! Keep us up to date!
I sure will keep everyone up to date :)

We received your card today - thank you so much, it is beautiful [emoji3590]

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Sheā€™s still a beautiful baby!!! Us in Alberta right above you, no fleas here either. More north where all trees are from my understanding...guess fleas donā€™t like the Rockies lol I do use when I walk in the mountain or go towards the Rockies lavender oil to keep ticks away. Works great.. Also for fleas n mosquitos...

FOR TICKS

14 oz of Witch Hazel
12 drops of Lavender
15 drops of Citronella
15 drops of Lemongrass

I've only seen 2 mosquitoes since we moved to this elevation and we are fortunate to have very few ticks too but I did save this mixture for whenever we do venture to lower elevations.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae

FOR TICKS

14 oz of Witch Hazel
12 drops of Lavender
15 drops of Citronella
15 drops of Lemongrass

Can this mix be sprayed on people? We sat around our fire pit last night and my arms are all bit up...dogs stayed inside so theyā€™re fine lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Can this mix be sprayed on people? We sat around our fire pit last night and my arms are all bit up...dogs stayed inside so theyā€™re fine lol. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasnā€™t it you that went camping or fishing n you used it on yourself will your visitorā€™s didnā€™t want to use it n they got bitten?

By the way Yes you can use it on humans. Just the citronella might smell weird on a human. But hey, better than nothing if youā€™re getting bitten alive loll

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Wasnā€™t it you that went camping or fishing n you used it on yourself will your visitorā€™s didnā€™t want to use it n they got bitten?

By the way Yes you can use it on humans. Just the citronella might smell weird on a human. But hey, better than nothing if youā€™re getting bitten alive loll

Not me! But I have 5 bites on my forehead, 1 on my cheek, 1 on each arm and 1 on my finger. So Iā€™ll take the citronella smell over this. Although I canā€™t find witch hazel in any store right now and mine is kind of old so itā€™s probably list some potency. And recipes without witch hazel?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a beauty.... Mama will have her in line in no time!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank

It was ME :) I trusted it was working on me, but being one that doesn't attract bugs in the first place, i wasn't absolutely sure if it was just that or this spray that worked so well, but after watching it work on my friend who is a very tasty to bugs person, i was totaly convinced of it's powers :) Yes! it is a wonderful solution...

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Not me! But I have 5 bites on my forehead, 1 on my cheek, 1 on each arm and 1 on my finger. So Iā€™ll take the citronella smell over this. Although I canā€™t find witch hazel in any store right now and mine is kind of old so itā€™s probably list some potency. And recipes without witch hazel?

Im not absolutely sure that i used it with the Witch Hazel at that time.... I "believe" that it's not the witch hazel ingredient that has it working but that it is a good medium for the oils. Im sure 'she' will chime in though. I do the mix with distilled water when i use for spraying window seals/screens etc as they do not need that i dont believe.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Im not absolutely sure that i used it with the Witch Hazel at that time.... I "believe" that it's not the witch hazel ingredient that has it working but that it is a good medium for the oils. Im sure 'she' will chime in though. I do the mix with distilled water when i use for spraying window seals/screens etc as they do not need that i dont believe.

I just looked at the witch hazel I have and the date is February 2020 so it's actually not as old as I thought it was.

And I always attract the mosquitos...must be cause I am so sweet hahahahaha.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

[MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION], WH basically evaporates faster so the oils penetrates n sinks onto the skin better. I know here tons of WH at winners/tJ max...

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
hey i got a question...... on the WH.. I had been getting the one w/o alcohol but i see its way cheeper to just get a regular ole WH.... any input on this???

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online