KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
A sad day for English Bull Dog Lovers

The only way I could post this was the screenshots. I couldn’t get a link to work. Just click to enlarge.

efc8f41f3ae4fe9c69cd5e55d0e6160d.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
b2e97d8239a9918f907f3e1888fc8359.png

6df05f8afffa7d4d8d855d443c597f88.png

7246c9fdc6274e3809b19cdbf7f3110e.png

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
That link didn't work for me initially until I logged into a UK server through my VPN. Now it seems to be working. It said the Dutch kennel club banned from registration 12 flat faced breeds including French bulldogs, English bulldogs, pugs, Cavalier King Charles spaniel, Pekingese,Japanese chin, shih tzu, griffon Bruffellois, griffon Belge, petit brabancon, affenpinscher.

Maybe this will be a wake up call for breeders to produce healthier breeds that look roughly the same.

OP

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
That link didn't work for me initially until I logged into a UK server through my VPN. Now it seems to be working. It said the Dutch kennel club banned from registration 12 flat faced breeds including French bulldogs, English bulldogs, pugs, Cavalier King Charles spaniel, Pekingese,Japanese chin, shih tzu, griffon Bruffellois, griffon Belge, petit brabancon, affenpinscher.

Maybe this will be a wake up call for breeders to produce healthier breeds that look roughly the same.

We get a daily subscription to the Telegraph (English husband) so I can use the share button, but only to email or messenger or Facebook. How do you log into a UK server?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Not surprising, many vets in US are also pushing to stop the breeds of ‘flat face’ breeds

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
We get a daily subscription to the Telegraph (English husband) so I can use the share button, but only to email or messenger or Facebook. How do you log into a UK server?

I got one of those lifetime VPN offers from Stacksocial for something like 25 US . The one I'm using is called Windscribe which when installed puts an icon on my web browser that I can click on and change which country I'm connecting to.

I think the KeepSolid VPN for 40.00 would be pretty reliable, and there's a 20% sale off on stacksocial this weekend with code SUMMERSAVE20 .KeepSolid has specific VPNs for Netflix, Hulu, Prime, Disney, etc. if you wanted to watch Netflix UK for example

https://stacksocial.com/sales/vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Not surprising, many vets in US are also pushing to stop the breeds of ‘flat face’ breeds

They don't need to ban them, just push for healthier outbreeding to modify the flat face somewhat. eg. I was reading that Valley Bulldogs from Nova Scotia are an old half boxer half English bulldog cross breed that have inherited the best features of each. They don't look as cute as English bulldogs though.

download.jpg

Or bantam bulldog, like [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] has

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
They don't need to ban them, just push for healthier outbreeding to modify the flat face somewhat. eg. I was reading that Valley Bulldogs from Nova Scotia are an old half boxer half English bulldog cross breed that have inherited the best features of each. They don't look as cute as English bulldogs though.

View attachment 119161

Or bantam bulldog, like [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] has

Agreed..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Definitely Nyala has a lot less breathing issues than an EB. Nowhere near. Heads is much smaller with a tad longer nose n they do have a bulky chest. She’s on the taller side. Why she needs to lose a good 5 lbs. Sadly a lot never heard of that breed. They’ve been around since 1800. Hard to find but they’re out there. I doubt very much I’ll be getting another EB once Jake goes. I do agree the breeders needs to get back on track with EB. It’s ridiculous having a dog with so many issues. One issue brings another issue. From my experience with EB, I say it often, it’s also what you feed them. If you get them as a puppy, I wouldn’t even screw around with kibbles anymore. Go raw all the way. Really helps a lot especially for that breed. It is a challenging breed and why it’s not normal for any breeder keeping that nose as flat as they can, the bigger the rope the better, that massive crown n a massive wide chest. All that needs to change. Just not healthy n extremely costly for some owners. There’s a reason why there’s tons for adoption in the US. Here in Canada we don’t have any for adoption. Idk if people here are more aware or it’s simply not a fashionable breed here. I really don’t know why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JesPXY6PFTA

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Interesting and complex issue. I wonder how efficient such a stop of registrations will be, though, since not all owners care whether their pup is registered or not. I guess there is a risk of creating an increasing market for bad breeding practices.
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] - how do you look on this?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] , What made you get bantam instead of Valley, Olde English Bulldogge, etc

Cute video of Valley bulldog (bull-boxer) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S22BYbBs394[/QUOTE

Nyala was at someone’s private house in Edmonton n not at the breeder’s who’s 1hr further north. It was an ad from the breeder who knew someone in Edmonton. I drove down to go see this 3 month brindle pup. I walked in she was playing with a massive 80lb brindle EB. I figure that’s dad. Anyway, it took 3 visits as I wasn’t 100% sure. Nyala didn’t look like an EB even though that lady said it was. I’ve read back then like we say here “they change” as they grow. So I brought Nyala home on the 3rd time visiting her. According to this lady, no one seem to one want her as she was over 3 months, didn’t look like an EB, dark brindle, smaller head n longer legs. Each time I visit her she n that big EB male were running around like brats.... free for all type, Nyala jumping on the big guy, grabbing his ears, he jumped on her which I freaked out at that weight he was. Like 2 Denis the Menace. But did she ever stood her ground with him. So I brought her home... Few days later I get a phone call from the breeder who is the one I got Duke n Jake from. She said there was an error made by that lady who didn’t know Nyala was a bantam n not an EB. She wanted to take Nyala back n refund me. There was 2 Frenchie n one EB at the lady’s house but sold n one on standby. It was the standby that was the for sale puppy. Lady was confused from what the breeder said. After that issue, the breeder never left her pups there anymore. It was one of them friend of a friend thing. She doesn’t allow anyone visit her acreage as she got broken into once and the took back then her only blue Frenchie female which one had anywhere. Took years to have one. Now if someone wants a pup she brings them to her vet. Except for me. My breeder great friend is also a breeder who has cancer n my breeder was helping her out while she was going through chemo. That’s were the confusion was n I ended up keeping Nyala. The friend doesn’t breed bantams anymore as people have no clue what they are n harder to sell. Too bad as it’s a fantastic breed n again nowhere near issues like the EB... So that’s my baby brat’s story..

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] Nice story how you got Nyala !!!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
@helsonwheels , What made you get bantam instead of Valley, Olde English Bulldogge, etc

Cute video of Valley bulldog (bull-boxer) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S22BYbBs394[/QUOTE

Nyala was at someone’s private house in Edmonton n not at the breeder’s who’s 1hr further north. It was an ad from the breeder who knew someone in Edmonton. I drove down to go see this 3 month brindle pup. I walked in she was playing with a massive 80lb brindle EB. I figure that’s dad. Anyway, it took 3 visits as I wasn’t 100% sure. Nyala didn’t look like an EB even though that lady said it was. I’ve read back then like we say here “they change” as they grow. So I brought Nyala home on the 3rd time visiting her. According to this lady, no one seem to one want her as she was over 3 months, didn’t look like an EB, dark brindle, smaller head n longer legs. Each time I visit her she n that big EB male were running around like brats.... free for all type, Nyala jumping on the big guy, grabbing his ears, he jumped on her which I freaked out at that weight he was. Like 2 Denis the Menace. But did she ever stood her ground with him. So I brought her home... Few days later I get a phone call from the breeder who is the one I got Duke n Jake from. She said there was an error made by that lady who didn’t know Nyala was a bantam n not an EB. She wanted to take Nyala back n refund me. There was 2 Frenchie n one EB at the lady’s house but sold n one on standby. It was the standby that was the for sale puppy. Lady was confused from what the breeder said. After that issue, the breeder never left her pups there anymore. It was one of them friend of a friend thing. She doesn’t allow anyone visit her acreage as she got broken into once and the took back then her only blue Frenchie female which one had anywhere. Took years to have one. Now if someone wants a pup she brings them to her vet. Except for me. My breeder great friend is also a breeder who has cancer n my breeder was helping her out while she was going through chemo. That’s were the confusion was n I ended up keeping Nyala. The friend doesn’t breed bantams anymore as people have no clue what they are n harder to sell. Too bad as it’s a fantastic breed n again nowhere near issues like the EB... So that’s my baby brat’s story..

Interesting! So you didn't see Nyala's parents? I would not dare to buy a dog not having met with the parents and seen the place the pup grew up in. What sold me was not only Castor himself but his dad who came up to me and climbed up on to my lap as we were sitting down for a cup of coffee on the breeder's porch. To this day I have no idea why he did that but it was like he was checking out if I would be able to care for his son. The mum was not at all as sociable and we have always said Castor is a mini version of his dad. His coat was slightly darker (somewhere in-between Nyala and Castor in colour) and he had a white patch on his neck, just like Castor so that was cute to see.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Interesting! So you didn't see Nyala's parents? I would not dare to buy a dog not having met with the parents and seen the place the pup grew up in. What sold me was not only Castor himself but his dad who came up to me and climbed up on to my lap as we were sitting down for a cup of coffee on the breeder's porch. To this day I have no idea why he did that but it was like he was checking out if I would be able to care for his son. The mum was not at all as sociable and we have always said Castor is a mini version of his dad. His coat was slightly darker (somewhere in-between Nyala and Castor in colour) and he had a white patch on his neck, just like Castor so that was cute to see.

Yes saw the parents as the breeder sent me the photos. :)

Eventually when I went to her house the other breeder also sent an updated video.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=9875]cefe13[/MENTION]. These are Nyala’s parents

The black one his the mom so brown is dad...and you know Nyala

AB2D0B99-809C-4835-80C7-D46F6A8FE403.jpeg94C87C57-A858-4DD8-870F-F0BAE8376E4C.jpeg557BECBD-CE7F-4CA7-B969-FA1549791601.jpeg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.