From Today’s Daily Telegraph UK

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] Nice photos ! I can see where Nyala gets that serious look !

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
One of my bullies is an Amitola english bulldog. I rescued him from a guy who got him from this breeder in Georgia who started with AKC bullies and carefully selected offspring to choose characteristics that eliminate the health issues of the AKC standard. So my dog was selectively bred to have a smaller chest, a wider butt, and a slightly longer snout. His older sister is from an AKC bully breeder but she has a slightly longer snout so she was spayed and not bred.

The Dutch Kennel Club is not doing it right, in my opinion. Other kennel clubs actually took the better route of working with breeders to test out their breeding programs that address the health issues of brachy dogs and hopefully adjust the breed standards. I'm hoping this will make the Amitola english bulldog a breed standard.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
One of my bullies is an Amitola english bulldog. I rescued him from a guy who got him from this breeder in Georgia who started with AKC bullies and carefully selected offspring to choose characteristics that eliminate the health issues of the AKC standard. So my dog was selectively bred to have a smaller chest, a wider butt, and a slightly longer snout. His older sister is from an AKC bully breeder but she has a slightly longer snout so she was spayed and not bred.

The Dutch Kennel Club is not doing it right, in my opinion. Other kennel clubs actually took the better route of working with breeders to test out their breeding programs that address the health issues of brachy dogs and hopefully adjust the breed standards. I'm hoping this will make the Amitola english bulldog a breed standard.

It looks like a good dog, matter of fact, fairly similar to Bantam bulldog.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Definitely Nyala has a lot less breathing issues than an EB. Nowhere near. Heads is much smaller with a tad longer nose n they do have a bulky chest. She’s on the taller side. Why she needs to lose a good 5 lbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JesPXY6PFTA

My bulldog is the most food obsessed of any dog I've ever had. To give you an idea of how big an appetite bulldogs can have, check out the story of biggie smalls, an Olde English Bulldogge. It's a sad story https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/man-who-genitals-ripped-eaten-13520910

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Yes looks a lot like Nyala a bantam.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.