Moving With Moose ...Advice Needed

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So we are moved in. Day 5 at the house.
First day Moose was worked up and panting all day. So at night took him to the apartment in familiar territory.
Second day he was ok with the house, BUT he was afraid of stairs and had never been upstairs. I carried him and he held on for his life but was able to sleep.
Third day he made it halfway up the stairs.
Fourth day he made it all the way up...
Now we are working on trying to teach him to come down himself.

I will post a video soon of his first entrance into the house.

Great news!!! Congratulations on the house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hi!!! He was at the house with my wife as we were moving things in. He was a little confused as all the things that he knows and smells (couch, for example) were there but in a different setting. After a couple of hours of being excited/anxious he laid down. That first day we went back to the apartment with him and on the second day he was already familiar with the first floor. The mistake we made was we never took him upstairs so when we did it was once again all new to him.

Now he is already adapted and is snoring underneath my desk as I type this :)

Ohhhhhhhh thank you for telling me this, Joey is my NUMBER ONE priority in this move.....I keep telling her "Mama bought you a new house" and "Mama bought you a new fence" LOL She likes to hang out with me no matter what I am doing, gardening, hanging on the porch, etc. so, I am investing in a white picket fence that will go around a portion of the back area to enclose the patio, back porch, and part of the yard. I was so afraid that since it's a new area she might not stay close.

Your post is making me feel WAY BETTER about moving day! Thank you!!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Congratulations on having moved into your new house and happy to hear the move was quite smooth. Good that you help him with the stairs and you say he made it half-way up the stairs. Do you have a landing half-way up? We do, and Castor has become an expert in using it. When we tell him to come down to go out, for instance, he often walks down and stops on the landing to check that I am waiting at the end of the stairs with a treat in hand (he has trained us to perfection - he expects a treat to come down for walks, he he).

Looking forward to hearding more on how Moose adapts!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
CONGRATULATIONS, MOOSE...on getting your first new HOME!
Lets see some pics of the new castle.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.