We should have named him Hoover! :)

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
So I grew up in an Italian/Greman family. Everything was always homemade and made from scratch. Due to my crazy work schedule I usually spend an entire weekend cooking and filling up our freezer. That way if I have to work late someone can grab something out of the freezer and just heat it up. It usually last at least 4-5 month before the freezer is emtpy. Well, this weekend was a cooking weekend. This is where our Hoover comes in!

When we first got home from food shopping I cleaned all of the fruit and put it all in container. Tubs got a little treat from me, some watermelon. Little did I know he was going to get a little more than that! While I was cleaning the the strawberries I dropped 2 and Tubs was right there to swallow them up. I made Stew, Chicken soup, chili, sloppy joes and baked ziti. Throughout the day Tubs were right there to clean up the carrots I dropped along with some cheese. I guess his belly if full because his is sound asleep right here on the floor. Our little Hoover boy! :p

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Aww he got his belly full. lol

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Sounds like most of the dropped food was pretty healthy stuff though. Otherwise you might have to change his name to Double Tubs.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Bella has a spot she loves to sit in when I cook. I am so amazed on how organized you are. I love to cook and have fresh meals, but not that organized. Jealous!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
So funny that you posted this. I call Lucy "Hoover" all the time. She just sits there and waits whenever anyone has food. When my oldest daughter was a baby she loved cheerios and I swear, Lucy had as many as she did!

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
@ LariP ...LOL that is great. I make sure that it is all healthy so he doesn't became Double Tubs! :)

@ Bella'sMom...It is so worth putting one weekend aside to make enough meals to last a long time. I got a late start this time around, so I will have to finish up my meals up later this week. I only have a 3 day work week this week, so I should be able to finish up before the weekend. I also bake a lot and put those things in the freezer too. This time around I already have a cheese cake and a pineapple upside down cake ready to go. My huuby is also asking for an apple pie! I wonder if Tubs will have the opportunity to steal some apples! Last weekend I was able to make 5 batches of sauce and I canned that all up! I am looking forward to not having to cook for a while! :)

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Floor clean-up is such an important job! My boys like to help cook, too; sometimes they nudge me hoping a tidbit will fall! Hoover would be a good Bulldog name!

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
thats awesome that you do that!! Tubbs is such a mess :) I grew up with everything made from scrtach too, and miss it terribly! My hubby works nights and I mostly work days so we don't cook alot, besides the fact he is sooo picky. He's a on the go eater...his mom never cooked

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=1863]speechmom53[/MENTION]..thinking that chili could comeback to haunt you! I know exactly what you are talking about..Jake is part goat and I am constantly pulling stuff from his mouth. He especially enjoys snails and worms..and I hate clearing that from his mouth!! Yuk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That is cute!! I love the name Hoover for a bully!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] you beat me to it. hahaha
Funny my boy is a hoover too. I swear if I drop something I dont want him to have even he beats me to it from across the room and just sucks it up. 1 time was the wax paper that comes in between the cheese slices. Just inhaled it completely. Crazy bullies!

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Absolutely! I will definitly post my recipes, canning and freezing info on the recipe site. I will try to do it this weekend when Tubs is suppose to be resting to recover from his surgery!

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
:lol: I have also had the Hoover name go through my head with Moe. He is really bad on walks as he can suck things up without me seeing any head movement, and I have had to dig worms and slugs out of his mouth. He is good about dropping things out of his mouth on command now, and it is really cute watching him panic while trying to be good and drop the paper that is sticking to his wet mouth.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I had already decided that my next bully was going to be named Hoover after watching Sebastian and Oliver!!!! Though they are still just babies and haven't gotten a lot of yummy "people" food, they have had baby carrots, strawberries and green beans, their favorite spot to be is right, and I'm talking RIGHT, behind me when I'm at the stove.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.